Retake EMT course Instead Of Refresher?

thenuke1

Forum Probie
Is it possible if i need to take a refresher course to just retake the entire EMT course instead ?

i doubt ill get anything from a 24 hour course so i'd rather retake the class

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Is it possible if i need to take a refresher course to just retake the entire EMT course instead ?

If you're fairly comfortable with your skills and knowledge base, you probably won't get anything from that either. Seems like a huge waste of time and money. If you want to go back to class, go get your paramedic, or at least intermediate/advanced/whatever they call it now

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Yes we give you permission to take the whole course. If you want.

;)

How long you been out of the mix? Or are you insecure and want a little backstop instruction?

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain

Id imagine that they would let you do that, although its going to prolong the process of getting your certifications up to date.

If you know what areas in which you are weak, id do the refresher but spend more time studying your text at home. If you ask me, a smart person with a previous background in an EMT-B class could re teach all of that info to themselves rather than take another semester of the program.

OP
OP
T

thenuke1

Forum Probie
I ask because i can actually get the program fees waived and i dont mind taking the time to re take the class

i didnt really take it seriously the first time around and now a year later some stuff in my life has happend (no a child is not involved lol) that really gave me a kick in the a$$.

i took the NREMT 3 times and now i guess the next step is to take the refresher but im wondering if i can just retake the course instead of the refresher.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
If this is for getting authorized to retake the NREMT exam again and it's been a while since you've seen the material and you don't mind taking the whole class over again (and being serious at it)... I don't see why you couldn't take the course all over again and then retake the NREMT... if anything, I'd think that the whole course would be considered a really long refresher...

OP
OP
T

thenuke1

Forum Probie
If this is for getting authorized to retake the NREMT exam again and it's been a while since you've seen the material and you don't mind taking the whole class over again (and being serious at it)... I don't see why you couldn't take the course all over again and then retake the NREMT... if anything, I'd think that the whole course would be considered a really long refresher...

thanks man. yeah i know i screwed up by just thinking i could go through the motions... unfortunately for me i actually dug the emt job alot once i did ride alongs but at that point the best i could do was a low C. but this time around im gonna work my a$$ off.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Take the class then.

Good on you!!

OP
OP
T

thenuke1

Forum Probie
thanks guys for your input!

i called pearson vue and they reffered me to the nremt offices. they where closed but im gonna call first thing monday...

happy fathers day all !

CSLEMT

Forum Ride Along
Can you recommend a school for the 24hr refresher in LA County. Ever hear of CE Solutions, computer based training?