Respiratory Therapy

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I have B.A. in economics from NYU in 2000. I have always put that foward. As I said any mention of B.S. is a typo. For the last year and a half I have been a student in paramedic program. Not all students are between 18 and 22. I realize you may find that confusing or conflicting but students are not always so young. Older people can be students also.

I really don't care if you take me seriously or not. I am not asking for your approval. Its no offense to me either way. In all honesty, I have not been your biggest fan. I find your posts to be elitist. But that is through an EMS forum.

I have no interest in B.S. or B.A. in EMS. It is not offered in my area making it a non-starter. There are various programs in my area that I am interested in studying. Whether you like my reasons or not again are irrelvant. I am not asking for your approval.

Personally, I don't believe your are a Paramedic or ever have been one, rather a burned out EMT that never completed Paramedic school. In regards to older students.. most of my students are >35 years old and many of those are in the college program have previous degrees.

Even now, you are even confusing describing you believe or do not believe that Homeland Security is shutting down EMS. ??? No one else I have seen or discussed has even heard such a rumor, neither does many of those that publish in JEMS .

If you want to go be a RRT so be it. I don't believe it will resolve the problems you described nor going into any health care profession. Alike so many others that enter this and other medical professions what their personal expectations are and what the real life is totally different and never will be what they want it to be.

You described you wanted to be a P.A., I don't understand why not attend another two years instead of four years and again starting in another profession? From one that did attend a P.A. program, I realize that the role of the P.A. is basically anything, case or dirty procedure that the physician does not want to do.

Again, best of luck.

R/r 911

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, I really gotta take better notes! I wonder what Rid and Vent have in their dossiers on me! :p

VentMedic

Forum Chief
Wow, I really gotta take better notes! I wonder what Rid and Vent have in their dossiers on me! :p

BossyCow, you have dedicated many years to EMS and have been active in teaching others how to be more professional when it comes to patient care. You are what you are and don't have to put up any fronts for anyone. Your devotion to provide quality care to your patients and make EMS work for your community with limited resources is evident. For that I have the greatest respect for you even if we don't always agree on every issue.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
BossyCow, you have dedicated many years to EMS and have been active in teaching others how to be more professional when it comes to patient care. You are what you are and don't have to put up any fronts for anyone. Your devotion to provide quality care to your patients and make EMS work for your community with limited resources is evident. For that I have the greatest respect for you even if we don't always agree on every issue.

Ditto.. You say what you mean and mean what you say. Agree we may have opposing views at time, I respect your opinion.

R/r 911

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
Honestly I wasn't fishing for compliments! :blush::wub::blush: but aw gee shucks, thanks guys.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
So I have completed my medic class last August. I have completed the NYS practical exam and will be taking the writen NYS exam in December. MY NREMT-P practical is on Saturday and I will schedule the written shortly after that.

Anyway next year I am thinking onf getting my respiratory therapy AA. at a community college near where I work. Next semester I will take a couple of classes to get them out of the way.

I had been planning on becoming a PA and its still something I am considering but for financial reasons it will be delayed. the RRT program is cheaper, allows me to work and it can be done without moving.

OK, I think I might see where you're coming from. If you want to do this, then, go for it. Question: Are you asking for opinions on this matter, or are you stating your plans just because?

I personally wouldn't do RT for those reasons, but I'm not in your situation. Bare in mind, your eyes will be opened to a whole new world when you do this. I pray you will like it. If you do not, it will not be pleasant.

I say this because I tend to live my life by this rather long mantra: If you are 21 years old or older, a naturalized or native U. S. citizen, gainfully employed, and finacially independent, then you have the God-given civil right as an American citizen to @#$% your life up any way you see fit. You also have the right to pay the consequences up to and including the "Right To Remain Silent".

Good luck

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
ROFL I remember reading a quote from Bishop Fulton Sheen many years ago. He was asked about some law trying to legislate morality and replied "All Americans have the constitutional right to go to hell if they so desire"

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Personally, I don't believe your are a Paramedic or ever have been one, rather a burned out EMT that never completed Paramedic school. In regards to older students.. most of my students are >35 years old and many of those are in the college program have previous degrees.

R/r 911

Your free to believe whatever you want. It simply isn't reality.

OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Even now, you are even confusing describing you believe or do not believe that Homeland Security is shutting down EMS. ???
you missed a thread that was locked down. Dealus suggested homeland securty shutdown Hatzolah.

If you want to go be a RRT so be it. I don't believe it will resolve the problems you described nor going into any health care profession
What problems have I described? Thats what I don't get. I didn't describe any problems. I don't have a problem with EMS. You guys seem to make this up as you go.

Vent seems to think that I think EMS is unfair. I don't know what that means. Thats rather vague. It certainly had nothing to do with any decision about being a PA or RRT. Apparently Vent says I have have workplace problems which is news to me. I don't know what work problems I have. Maybe he knows something I don't. Again none of this had anything to with my decision to become a RRT in addition to my medic.

I wanted to do another health care field in addition to EMS. Thats all really. I wanted something different in the medical field I can do in addition to EMS. I have no plans to leave EMS.

The rabid attack dogs can stop now.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
firecoins

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I say this because I tend to live my life by this rather long mantra: If you are 21 years old or older, a naturalized or native U. S. citizen, gainfully employed, and finacially independent, then you have the God-given civil right as an American citizen to @#$% your life up any way you see fit. You also have the right to pay the consequences up to and including the "Right To Remain Silent".

Good luck

Thank you, I guess.