Resort Medic

ffhamilton87

Forum Ride Along
Hello all!

This is my first post after joining the site today(I Have used this site for reference quite a few times, and appreciate all the insight ive gained).

I have heard rumors of certain beach resorts across the carribean and mexico that have onsite medical clinics that employ various ranges of medical personnel. I am currently a Paramedic and looking for an interesting and different career as one.

My question(s) are :

Is anyone familiar with this? (ex : resorts that offer this, pay if you do know about it, and tips for gaining employment as such)

Thank you all for your time!

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
No, but make sure they have a doctor working there as well. And protocols.

dutemplar

Forum Captain
Not directly, although Cancun -did- have an American style freestanding ER and private BLS/ALS ambulance some years ago... A far far cry from the locals, but it was a payment up front operation...

This could be better suited to "International"...

RescueRider724

Forum Crew Member
you might want to check on the coasts of the US or in Hawaii also, I was a 'property services manager' at one in San Diego, CA. We employed off duty officers as "guards" and had 10 Paramedics, 20 EMT-B's as "beach crew" this was back in the 90's, but the pay was not too bad for a day shift on the beach at a private resort. As i recall we were paying the cops about 18/hour and the medics were at 15/hr, emt's at 12/hr. Gave them full time bene's at part time hours with 401K, etc...Not sure if they are still doing it or not but it was a private membership club...300,000 bucks just to submit an application for membership so you can figure out the money situation....it grew on trees! (Palm trees)