Redundant NREMT test for FL!?

PunisherDoc

Forum Ride Along
Just a FYI, I am working with a FL rep who will be introducing legislation to make FL accept other states and military credentials.

reaper

Working Bum
They always have accepted them, but you still had to take the FL exam. They accepted them as proof of training. Only military credentials you have are NREMT.

ShiannCamacho

Forum Probie
FL now requires NREMT-p to practice as a Medic. I just took it. Passed.

mona

Forum Ride Along
So I called FLorida's Dept of Health and they say that to license [ as a Basic]based upon out of state and NREMT certs, I have to START by taking the NREMT test AGAIN? specifically for FL?!! which of course costs ANOTHER $70.00 bucks? even thought I am current out of state ANd current with NREMT. The reason being they do not have reciprocity? Sooo.... the NREMT does not certify you to practice any way. Staes do. I'm just proving AGAIN that I have met the NREMT standard . Right? What am I missing here? Thoughts anyone? Buehler? Anyone? Thanks!

mona

Forum Ride Along
I don't get it either. The Florida students are getting out of school and taking the same test as we already have and getting g the same card as we already have. Ours is not good enough because we come from another state. Same tests, same card, I would rather it stayed non NREMT and let me take the state test. At least that made sense.

Emtdinosaur

Forum Ride Along
It's all about money. When you take the class in Florida and then test you pay the fee. For everyone that's out of state coming in even though we already have our NREMT we didn't pay the fee. So that's why when you go on the NREMT site to register for the exam it's the assessment exam not the certification exam. I wish they would just let us pay a reprocity fee and not test. I just recertified my NREMT and I can't use that score for Florida. Royal pain in the butt.

One thing to keep in mind I talked to the NR and they told me if I had taken the Florida exam before I recerted they would have used that score so I wouldn't have to pay the fee twice. So if anyone is going to get their Florida EMT and are due to recert talk to the NR first and maybe save on one of the 70.00 fees.

Adonis Corvinus

Forum Ride Along
Its all about money. That's why they want you to retest. Florida makes $30 from you paying the licensing fee and NREMT makes $70. Capitalist pigs