Recert “under review”

srcoen

Forum Crew Member
I completed my NREMT recertification by education (NCCP 2016) Tuesday of this week. Just out of morbid curiosity, how long am I gonna have to wait before I find out I’m officially recertified? My TO has already approved all of my CEUs, so that’s no issue, and paid via prepaid voucher, so that can’t be it either. Just wondering is all.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
A week or so. The longest part for me was waiting for my medical director to approve the skills

OP
OP
S

srcoen

Forum Crew Member
Thanks! I checked while I was waiting on kiddos at school, and it was done!

ParamedicGirl221

Forum Crew Member
i'm in the same boat, since our old training officer isn't around to put the new one in i have to wait for my chief to email to nremt to change it. then i gotta wait for that to be updated and have TO sign off and then the medical director to affiliate himself and then sign off. for now so i don't lapse, i just submitted my nccp 2016 and paid. so if march 31st passes and still not signed off, i'll just be inactive till it does. mind you, i've been trying to get this stuff cleared up since february. frustrating

OP
OP
S

srcoen

Forum Crew Member
i'm in the same boat ... if march 31st passes and still not signed off, i'll just be inactive till it does. mind you, i've been trying to get this stuff cleared up since february. frustrating

I’m sorry... like I said, I found out the day after I posted that it was finished. Medics take longer because both TO and Medical Director have to sign off. I started throwing up flags back in December and was finished CEU wise shortly before my birthday, but it took a good week for me to get hooked up with a TO to straighten out my CEUs to figure out what I was missing.

OP
OP
S

srcoen

Forum Crew Member
yes it is, thank you was renewed as of last night. we were trying to resolve an issue with changing the training officer as it wasn't working out following there directions online.

It happens. Glad it all worked out. My main hangup was all my CEUs were entered wrong, so once I got that resolved, it was cake to finish up. Me and one of the TOs for my department ended up sitting down and basically started over and re-entered everything properly. I have since downloaded a couple of documents so that won’t happen again.

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
On the topic of recert, Does the recert date state at the time of the recert being complete or at expiration of current?

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain
On the topic of recert, Does the recert date state at the time of the recert being complete or at expiration of current?

National Registry starts from the end of your current cert. The states I'm familiar with (CO, MN, MI) are the same.