Really Annoyed

Aerin-Sol

Forum Captain
I work for a company with divisions in more than one area. I moved from one division to another, but before moving I talked to the HR Representative at the new division and was told that I would keep my same rate of pay (original division had a higher starting rate + I had a raise). Once I moved, I was told that person no longer worked for the company, but his replacement promised me that everything he said would be true. Fast forward to getting my first paycheck and it's "oh, sorry, HR doesn't actually determine that, so you'll be getting the base payrate for this division."

Grrr!

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
I work for a company with divisions in more than one area. I moved from one division to another, but before moving I talked to the HR Representative at the new division and was told that I would keep my same rate of pay (original division had a higher starting rate + I had a raise). Once I moved, I was told that person no longer worked for the company, but his replacement promised me that everything he said would be true. Fast forward to getting my first paycheck and it's "oh, sorry, HR doesn't actually determine that, so you'll be getting the base payrate for this division."

Grrr!

Always get it in writing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk