Read Any Good EMS-Related Books Lately?

It's not EMS, but "Blood Brothers" is pretty good. It's about the large number of amputees coming back from Iraq, people that in the past would not have survived, but because of the new vests, etc. protecting vital organs, are not being killed by explosionions (run-on I know). Two of the guys were friends with our son in the 101st.

I avoid EMT or EMS dramatic litrature. Way over dramatized and so many expect the real EMS to be that way...

Good example "Bring Out the dead"
R/r 911

R/r 911

I met the guy who wrote the book...most of the book and a lot of the movie scenes were based on true events.

Ahhh.. how do you like the Jeep Liberty? My girlfriend wants one. We rented one for a week on a trip and both of us liked it.

Get the new Wrangler. The 4 door. I did like mine untill I have been having a fight with DCX over the EGR valve. 35,000 miles and 5 trips to the shop just for this.

I agree, Trauma Junkie is one of my favorites. Rescue 471 by Peter Canning is really good too. I think he has 2 books out now. I need to buy them, he's based out of DC... used to be in politics and he went into EMS.. fascinating...
I really wanna get Trauma Junkie now that I know its reallly good I'm gonna get it..

Today I got 3 new books Rescue 471 and Paramedic and Emergency by Mark Brown, M.D.... they all look really good and I'm excited to read them

I really wanna get Trauma Junkie now that I know its reallly good I'm gonna get it..

Today I got 3 new books Rescue 471 and Paramedic and Emergency by Mark Brown, M.D.... they all look really good and I'm excited to read them

So I finished Emergency 2 days ago and it was really good, but its just a bunch of storys of docters in the emergnecy room and Paramedic was also good (i finished hat last night) it was the first year of Peter Cannings paramedic carrer it documented his fears of not being good enough and his joys when he did all he could and saved his patient I would say read it!! :D

I just finished "Rescue 471" by Peter Canning!!!!! Oh my gosh, what a page turner!!! I read half the book in one night!!!!!

That Others May Live by Jack Brehm is really good. It's not exactly about EMS, rather it is about pararescue jumpers in the Air Force.

I am almost done with "Deaths Acre" by Dr. Bass, the man who started The Body Farm, it's it's not really ems, but its really cool. He goes into to detail about how forensic anthropology has helped solve murderous crimes, and tell alot of stories, about helping law enforcment catch some criminals, definitately a great book.

I just finished "Rescue 471" by Peter Canning!!!!! Oh my gosh, what a page turner!!! I read half the book in one night!!!!!

I know it was great! did u read paramedic before it?

I know it was great! did u read paramedic before it?

Yes I did! Also, a great book!!!!!!! Borrowed from the library due March 10........oops!!!! :blush:

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you have read any good EMS books latey, (aside from the huge textbook used in class, bleh).

I just finished reading Devin Kerrins EMS: The Job Of Your Life, and I'd give it a big two thumbs up. He has an absolutely hilarious sense of humor and talks about his most embarrassing, challenging and just plain weird calls (i.e. a guy got a whole eggplant stuck up his...umm).

Anywho, any others you wanna share?
:)
Peace!

The book Neck Deep is pretty decent but some of it stretches just a tad I think. It was written by one of the Air Evac Flight Paramedic Supervisors here in Arkansas.

The book Neck Deep is pretty decent but some of it stretches just a tad I think. It was written by one of the Air Evac Flight Paramedic Supervisors here in Arkansas.

Apparently, he was not with Air Evac Lifeteam. AEL was first started in West Plains, MO in the early 80's by Collins and many others. This gentleman apparently started one in the Arkansas river area.

http://www.llumina.com/store/neckdeep.htm

R/r 911

Apparently, he was not with Air Evac Lifeteam. AEL was first started in West Plains, MO in the early 80's by Collins and many others. This gentleman apparently started one in the Arkansas river area.

http://www.llumina.com/store/neckdeep.htm

R/r 911

Ken is the flight medic supervisor for the Air Evac Paris, AR station AE 22
http://www.lifeteam.net/ServiceArea/servicearea.aspx?BaseID=22

AE 22 is the primary base we deal with in my part of AR

Besides Air Evac the only helicopter services in AR to my knowledge are
Angel I and II- Arkansas Childrens Hospital
Medflight- Baptist Hospital
Eagle Med

We sometimes are also serviced by Cox, St. John's (MO), Pafford One (LA), and the hospital "Wing" from Elvis Presley Memorial Trauma Center (TN) depending on your location in AR

Last edited by a moderator:
Back