RC Health Services online AEMT?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
They’re ok

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Generic EMT course, decent instructors for the most part, follows rules and teaches well. Not a bad place.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I did EMTB through them. Bad instructors, no help at a BASIC level. Course is decent if you can teach yourself or ask good questions elsewhere. If you're good at having to face self taught, it's convenient, check where skills in person are done and tests, clinicals, etc.

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
I did EMTB through them. Bad instructors, no help at a BASIC level. Course is decent if you can teach yourself or ask good questions elsewhere. If you're good at having to face self taught, it's convenient, check where skills in person are done and tests, clinicals, etc.

After you complete the didactic, 3-4 days at their site in Texas for skills and then after completing that you do a trip or trips to Houston, Dallas or San Antonio for 96 hours of clinicals.

If I get the 911 gig I applied for I feel like the medics would be pretty supportive in mentoring me and supporting me through the online. We had some pretty good conversation at my interview about how they like to support and grow EMTs.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
After you complete the didactic, 3-4 days at their site in Texas for skills and then after completing that you do a trip or trips to Houston, Dallas or San Antonio for 96 hours of clinicals.

If I get the 911 gig I applied for I feel like the medics would be pretty supportive in mentoring me and supporting me through the online. We had some pretty good conversation at my interview about how they like to support and grow EMTs.
I don't mean literally list them, just make sure you can do what's asked.

Is the job dependent on this class or vice versa?

OP
OP
Lo2w

Lo2w

Forum Captain
I don't mean literally list them, just make sure you can do what's asked.

Is the job dependent on this class or vice versa?

Listing it out for anyone else reading.

More the latter. Paramedic is a few years off, trying to let the Guard pay for it or an employer and want some more experience before I jump in. Would like to keep chipping away at education and taking on more responsibility in the field in the mean time.

This particular service is big on using EMTs to full scope and teching calls where appropriate. Figure AEMT would open more opportunities to take patients that might not be appropriate as a Basic. Like an asthma patient responding well to treatment but with an hour ride to the closest facility and the potential for an additional round of meds I can't give as an EMT.

And the protocols for my vollie service are pretty extensive at the AEMT scope.