R.i.p. To fellow ems brother

JumperDown

Forum Crew Member
I dont know where to put this but I posted here.

Today on Monday August 27th at approx 7pm a BMW jumped a divider on Hylan Blvd. and collided with an Ambulance going lights and sirens to Hospital62 (SIUH-N) with a patient in the back. Restuccio attempted to swerve out the way but the impact flipped the ambulance on its side.

Paramedic David Restuccio died at the age of 58 caused by massive internal injuries following the accident. Restuccio was trapped inside the total ambulance.

Restuccio was a Ret. FDNY EMS Lt. working for SIUH (Staten Island University Hospital) as a Paramedic. Restuccio was part of the response to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

RIP. WE LOST A GOOD ONE

Here is the Link to the article.
http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/08/2_dead_2_injured_after_bmw_suv.html#incart_river

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Best wishes to his family.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Sad to hear.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Rip

DVetter

Forum Probie
Ambulance fatality

Dear JumperDown,

Sorry to hear about the loss.
So many similar stories and all are heartbreaking.
Tell your loved ones you love them every day, you never know when you go to work and then never return home. The risk is always there.

Keep on giving.

OP
OP
JumperDown

JumperDown

Forum Crew Member
Dear JumperDown,

Sorry to hear about the loss.
So many similar stories and all are heartbreaking.
Tell your loved ones you love them every day, you never know when you go to work and then never return home. The risk is always there.

Keep on giving.

Thank you DVetter
-------
When I first became an EMT, a Medic (who has been on the job for almost 20years) told me a story of a job he had that will forever stay imprinted in my mind.
He said
"I recall I got assigned a job for a partial building collapse & ever since 9/11 nobody knows what to expect. I remember calling my wife on my way to the job & telling her that I got a call for this job (without release details) & I dont know what to expect but I love her and tell the kids that I love them and give them a kiss for me, Ill call when its all over & pray for me"

While he was telling this story I put myself in his shoes at the time & I got all choked up.
He then added

"Its moments like that make you value everything you have in life. Before leaving your house that morning. Tell your wife and kids you love them & to be safe. No matter what fight you might of had the night before. Tell your parents that you love them. Because while everyone is running away, We are the ones running towards it."

Remember we may not always be the ones on the front of the newspaper and we may not always get a thank you from the people we help. But we do what we do because were needed & we love our job