Questions about EMT recertification in California.

TimRaven

Forum Crew Member
Hello, My CA EMT expiring date is coming up in 3 months, but I have a few questions about recert.

1. On the CA EMSA website, it says that I need someone to sign off form EMSA-SCV (08-10) as Skills Competency Verification.
But who has the authority to sign this form for me?

2. I have completed enough CE hours from approved institutes, but how would I prove this to my local EMSA?
Do I need to present class certifications or other documents?

Thanks you in advance.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hello, My CA EMT expiring date is coming up in 3 months, but I have a few questions about recert.

1. On the CA EMSA website, it says that I need someone to sign off form EMSA-SCV (08-10) as Skills Competency Verification.
But who has the authority to sign this form for me?

2. I have completed enough CE hours from approved institutes, but how would I prove this to my local EMSA?
Do I need to present class certifications or other documents?

Thanks you in advance.
If you are currently employed your company should have a list of people who are authorized to do the skills evaluations. If you are not employed I would start by contacting where you received your EMT training or talk to your local ambulance/EMS companies/departments.

For you second question it depends on the county. Some counties are a purely online revert process. For these you will have to enter in the name of the course, the date, how many CEs it was, and also the California EMS CE provider number or the CECBEMS number. If you have to physically be present at the county EMS site then you must bring the original CE documents.