Psychomotor Exam

AShaddeau

Forum Probie
Hello,
I passed the NREMT cognitive exam, but unfortunately my practicals expired just before I took the test. Where at am I able to re-take the practicals? Trying to find info on National Registry site is like pulling teeth. I can find no useful information, and I DO NOT want to retake the EMS course.
Thanks so much for any help. BTW- I'm located in Ohio. Toledo to be exact. I'm able to travel to Columbus.
:huh:

MedicBender

Forum Captain
Try contacting your local or state EMS authority. They should have a list of who is testing, and if not, should be able to point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
A

AShaddeau

Forum Probie
Thank you MedicBender! I'll try to contact them. This is a vicious circle- No sooner that I pass one thing that I end up having to retake another! I guess practice makes perfect.

OP
OP
A

AShaddeau

Forum Probie
Does anyone know why NREMT doesn't list EMT-B practicals but they do for advanced and Medic? Is there no intermediate now? I'm outta the loop!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Does anyone know why NREMT doesn't list EMT-B practicals but they do for advanced and Medic? Is there no intermediate now? I'm outta the loop!

EMT-B has transitioned to EMT and EMT-I is no longer offered by NREMT. The new levels are EMR, EMT, AEMT, and NRP. That's basically all I know about the new levels though, so you're on your own for the rest.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
EMT basic practicals are administered through your class. Advanced (intermediate) and paramedic practicals can be taken at separate locations, independent from the class.

OP
OP
A

AShaddeau

Forum Probie
I know this, as I already completed my practicals at the end of my EMS class, but I waited a year to take the NREMT cognitive test(and passed), only to find out my practicals expired and I need to retake them in order to be certified.

NomadicMedic

Contact your old class instructor. The NREMT doesn't have info on EMT-B practicals.

xrsm002

Forum Captain
I've never heard of practicals expiring after you took and passed them, must be a thing in your state.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I've never heard of practicals expiring after you took and passed them, must be a thing in your state.

The NR exams (cbt and psychomotor) need to be completed within a certain timeframe or they need to be taken again.

OP
OP
A

AShaddeau

Forum Probie
This is not going smooth! I cannot find any information on re-taking the practicals. I'll try to contact the appropriate people where I went through the course. :blink:

NomadicMedic

This is not going smooth! I cannot find any information on re-taking the practicals. I'll try to contact the appropriate people where I went through the course. :blink:

Which is what we told you to do when you posted the first time...