promed seminars

troymclure

Forum Lieutenant
http://promedseminars.org//

anybody have info on these guys?

good or bad?

they are going to offer some courses near me.

im interested in the 1- DAY ELECTROCARDIOGRAPHY course. just for my personal knowledge.

and possibly the 1- DAY PHLEBOTOMY course. just for part time work, lots of blood banks/plasma centers here that pay pretty well.

OP
OP
T

troymclure

Forum Lieutenant
i sent them several emails on the phlebotomy course and the ekg reading course.

i got no replies back on the ekg questions.
and on the phlebotomy course, the course description and and if their course would get mt my louisiana cert was very vague. i passed on them.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
One day is way too short to learn either of those subjects (even just for fun). For electrocardiogram (ECG), I'd read a book (popular examples are Rapid Interpretation of EKGs by Dale Dubin, The Art of Interpretation: Arrhythmia Recognition by Thomas Garcias, Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice Series: ECG Interpretation) and use online resources as an adjunct to reading books.

I didn't Google too much on Louisiana's laws for phlebotomy, but one thing I read said that the course must at minimum have 20 hours of lecture with 100 venipunctures and 25 capillary sticks. I doubt you'll be able to do that in one day. I found this link for phlebotomy training in Louisiana.

Arovetli

Forum Captain
Looks sketch.

OP
OP
T

troymclure

Forum Lieutenant
One day is way too short to learn either of those subjects (even just for fun). For electrocardiogram (ECG), I'd read a book (popular examples are Rapid Interpretation of EKGs by Dale Dubin, The Art of Interpretation: Arrhythmia Recognition by Thomas Garcias, Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice Series: ECG Interpretation) and use online resources as an adjunct to reading books.

I didn't Google too much on Louisiana's laws for phlebotomy, but one thing I read said that the course must at minimum have 20 hours of lecture with 100 venipunctures and 25 capillary sticks. I doubt you'll be able to do that in one day. I found this link for phlebotomy training in Louisiana.
you can get around the lecture part with class time from other medical schools(ie: emt course). but yea, definitely shady.