PRN Salary

EmergencyMedicalSike

Forum Crew Member
On fine print the hourly wage is 12 so I'm wondering if it's tax deductible or not. I've been searching for an actual number but it goes everywhere from 10 to even 16. For any current or former PRN employees, what were the pays for an emt? Also I've seen a difference in pay between an EMT and EMT-B. What's the difference?

Woodtownemt

Forum Lieutenant
PRN pay is starfard in that they don't pay too much. They have ads on CL that state EMT pay tops at 19.32 BUT the fine print states it with OT included which means you actually get paid like 12.88 per hour (12.88 x 1.5= 19.32). Sneaky to say the least. In reality they pay less then their competitor Liberty who flat out tells you 13.00 an hour with more PTO. They are union now but I haven't heard anything positive. It has been some time since I work there but I doubt things have changed. There is no difference between EMT and EMT-B. State title changed from Basic to EMT some years ago. If your a medic Liberty also pays more 22 per hour. PRN according to their deceiving ad as capping at 28.32 which in reality is 18.88 base pay (18.88 x 1.5=28.32). Shifts are 4/10 or 3/4 split with 11.5 shifts. Good luck. And always read the fine print.

TheComebacKid

Forum Crew Member
When I worked there as an EMT starting pay was $10 about two years ago. With prior experience I made $11.50/hr. When went to dispatch pay went to $12 an hour. I hated dispatch and went back to the field, and instead of giving me my old wage of $11.50 they took me down to newhire status at $10. I can't imagine much changed. I think starting pay is either $11 or $12 flat an hour with overtime. Like Woodtown said, they are union and the union is butt, haven't done anything for the field guys. I recommend Liberty.

OP
OP
E

EmergencyMedicalSike

Forum Crew Member
PRN pay is starfard in that they don't pay too much. They have ads on CL that state EMT pay tops at 19.32 BUT the fine print states it with OT included which means you actually get paid like 12.88 per hour (12.88 x 1.5= 19.32). Sneaky to say the least. In reality they pay less then their competitor Liberty who flat out tells you 13.00 an hour with more PTO. They are union now but I haven't heard anything positive. It has been some time since I work there but I doubt things have changed. There is no difference between EMT and EMT-B. State title changed from Basic to EMT some years ago. If your a medic Liberty also pays more 22 per hour. PRN according to their deceiving ad as capping at 28.32 which in reality is 18.88 base pay (18.88 x 1.5=28.32). Shifts are 4/10 or 3/4 split with 11.5 shifts. Good luck. And always read the fine print.
Thanks, also hr told me flat out the pay was $12 an hour

OP
OP
E

EmergencyMedicalSike

Forum Crew Member
When I worked there as an EMT starting pay was $10 about two years ago. With prior experience I made $11.50/hr. When went to dispatch pay went to $12 an hour. I hated dispatch and went back to the field, and instead of giving me my old wage of $11.50 they took me down to newhire status at $10. I can't imagine much changed. I think starting pay is either $11 or $12 flat an hour with overtime. Like Woodtown said, they are union and the union is butt, haven't done anything for the field guys. I recommend Liberty.
Did they tell you your starting pay would be $10? They continuously told me it was $12 an hour but I'm starting to question that. Also were you working for PRN in la County?