Priority one medical ambulance Ontario ca.?

sage267

Forum Crew Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on priority one ambulance out of Ontario California. Not much info online.

PM me if you have specific questions.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

HORRIBLE, STAY AWAY! They recently settled a class action lawsuit whereas former employees sued over unfair labor practices to include violations of meal/break policies and wages for such. The fact that they have lost a lot of their contracts in recent years should tell you something.

Prior to about 2004, in Santa Clara County, there were basically 2 kinds of ambulance companies: those that BLS/CCT and those that did 911 and could do ALS. Back then only the 911 providers could utilize ALS personnel in that role. BLS/CCT providers could hire Paramedics but they'd be limited to BLS only. About then, Priority One decided to challenge that... and were able to get the County to authorize non-911 ALS ambulance service. A few years later, they were no longer Santa Clara County permitted. That followed their own downgrade from ALS to BLS only prior to 2005.

One can only wonder why they ultimately stopped ALS and later stopped services altogether in Santa Clara County...

do not work for them ever!!

Priority one is a terrible ambulance company to work for. i have worked for them for a couple years and it has been getting worse and worse everyday.They are very shady, they will try to make you run calls illegally where they know you cant, and if you argue you get a write up.Dispatch are all Fools, they give these unreasonable ETAs and blame you for being late.No matter how hard you work, how much of a great employee you are there is no chance of getting promoted, they always hire from outside. Corporate is incredibly stupid, and unreasonable. They have a hard time holding on to people so if you stay with them they will try to "mandate" you to come in on youre days off to work, if you cant come in you get a write up.

Back