Prep for paramedic school?

staroflife92

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, im going into a paramedic program next fall. in the meantime, are there any classes/certifications/con eds I should take so I'm better prepared? All suggestions welcome :)

MedicBender

Forum Captain
Chemistry
Biology
Anatomy & Physiology I and II with lab
English

+1

Another thing that really helped me was getting and staying organized. With all the paperwork I had to fill out there's a lot to keep track of. I ended up making packets for each shift, making sure they were stapled or paper clipped together. Then I had a binder with folders in it that held all of my clinical paper work. This way when I met with my teaching to turn everything in, I wasn't scrambling around looking for various sheets of paper.

The next thing I did was make sure I had a planner so I knew when and where I had to be. Showing up late to clinics is just disrespectful.

These were a few things that helped me, good luck and have fun with it

Shelley Watson

Forum Probie
As far as the studies are concerned you should start taking everything seriously. Put all your efforts to excel in the college, because you have chosen a competitive career. To become successful you should have presence of mind to take the right decision every time. You need to take good care of your physically fitness. A regular studies and a little conscious effort would be more than enough for a paramedic career.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
To become successful you should have presence of mind to take the right decision every time.

Tell me your secret! No one is perfect.

Pretty much everything has been listed. Prepare to say goodbye to your social life, especially when cardiology comes around.

Also a medical terminology class wouldn't hurt.

FreezerStL

Forum Crew Member
Prepare to say goodbye to your social life

too true.

As far as school is concerned, take all the previously mentioned courses seriously. Don't do the coursework to simply complete the course. Really try to understand the principles being taught.

Also, put in the hard work. It will pay off in the long run, trust me. ^_^

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Might also add Medical Terminology in there.

Bradley

Forum Ride Along
I am going to second or even 3rd the staying organized part. I have a bookshelf full of stuff I got in class and that doesn't even include all the books I had to have!!