Prehospital EMS Primary Care section? Think about it.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
This borders upon "Get another room" (er, web forum), but if EMT's of all levels are going to be tasked with making "house calls"-type decisions other than "board 'em, start the O2 and drive like hell", would a section of EMTLIFE dedicated to the interface and transitioning between emergency and primary care, now or in the future, be worthwhile? Good place for IDT's, MD's etc. to show thier stuff.

And probably no questions about knives, guns, pants or lights on POVs (privately owned vehicles).

Discussion?:huh:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It's my opinion that these discussions will fit just fine in our existing forum sections. Further drill down just dilutes the content.

They also don't get used. (See the "CCT" subsection request)

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
That may well be.

It may actually need a separate forum altogether, but I'd hate for people stuck in the middle, IF this "fad" continues, to lose the potential concentrated intermix of disciplines EMTLIFE already potentially has. EMT's are not trained to be primary care providers; but to decide whether or not to transport or even treat will need much more of the PriCare knowledge base.

Once enough EMTs are up to speed, then it would even more likely be better suited to another forum entirely.