Pre Course Preparation

Tomx3000

Forum Ride Along
I just enrolled in a California EMT basic course and will be starting it in 2 months. However, I've heard that the course is intense and would like to do some preparation in advance. Can anyone reccomend a type of self study or online course that will get me prepared for the course?

Thank you

RefriedEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Buy the EMT book in advance and start studying it or find anatomy and physiology books and study them.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Many EMT students struggle with medical terminology and anatomy.

Here's a free basic med term class. https://www.dmu.edu/medterms/

There are several free anatomy classes on line. No substitute for classroom time, but will certainly give you a heads up.

OhItzJimmy

Forum Crew Member
I just enrolled in a California EMT basic course and will be starting it in 2 months. However, I've heard that the course is intense and would like to do some preparation in advance. Can anyone reccomend a type of self study or online course that will get me prepared for the course?

Thank you
Went program or school are you enrolling in? Just do your best to study everything the instructors tell or give you. There are plenty of books out there but class time is what's really needed.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Buy the course text and tay a chapter or two in front. Besides that look up some A&P online and buy a medical terminology book.