Pre-attached Electrodes

Do you attach new electrodes after a call?

• Yes

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • We don't have a monitor :(

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
I am with that majority here. Pre-attached leads before everycall, at the decon and restock phase after every call. I don't appreciate much of a difference in the leads tangling with or without electrodes on them. To me it does save time, it may not be much but its one less thing I gotta mess with. If I want to do a 12 lead on a person the last thing I want to do is to have to snap on 10 leads. Everyone does things differently.

When I was doing critical care full-time we used cable clamps for our lines, and our LP12 cables were kept in wire loom to prevent tangling. If you are running 6 channels at one yes thing are going to get tangled. In the industry I think most people understand transfering a patient that is critically ill, and moving them from a 3 foot wide hospital bed, and condensing all their interventions onto a 16 inch wide cot, there are gonna be some logistical issues. As long as there is clear communication and everyone takes there time in moving I have never had any issues. When people start to rush or there is a lack of communication thats where lines get pulled out etc.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
At both my old services we preattached them; but we would run 15 calls in a 12 hour shift.

Here we don't we may run 1 call every 2 months depends on the trucks

sir.shocksalot

Forum Captain
If that three seconds actually means something for the patient, more than likely they're screwed either way.
Oh, me pre-loading EKG electrodes has nothing to do with the patient, it's got everything to do with my sanity ;) . 3 seconds rarely means much for the patient, but that's about the length of my attention span :p

325Medic

Forum Lieutenant
At my full time job, it depends on what mood I am in or if my partner does it. At my part time job, it is always done and found myself preloading them this a.m. as a matter of fact. It really does not matter to me.