Powerpoint Power users?

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
I hope one of you is a "PowerPoint Power User" because I need some help making some animations.

I am making some ECG PowerPoint for an upcoming lecture and hate the supplied PPTs. I am trying to start from scratch and design everything on my own. I have created my templates and a basic static NSR, what I want to do is animate changes, like a t wave becoming more concave. is there any way to make the changes animated? ie, I want to start with a normal convex T-Wave and then make it morph into a concave leading edge and more peaked. I know how to make each individual shape and that isn't the problem, I just cant seem to figure out how to animate the change from one shape to the next. does anyone have any advice?

I can send you the shapes I have built so far if you want to play with it.

OP
OP
socalmedic

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
that would be a solution, but I really want to show the line moving. I think its the little things that make a PPT click. any more suggestions?

EMDispatch

IAED EMD-Q/EMT
Choose the animation as a slide in from the right, and set a timed slide change for a very short period of time.

The other option would would be to take your pictures and create a flash movie, I used an online program to do something similar a few years ago.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Or use a program like Camtasia to create animated video. PowerPoint isn't really set up to create vectored animation, but you can simulate movement it if you're patient.

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
I hope one of you is a "PowerPoint Power User" because I need some help making some animations.

I am making some ECG PowerPoint for an upcoming lecture and hate the supplied PPTs. I am trying to start from scratch and design everything on my own. I have created my templates and a basic static NSR, what I want to do is animate changes, like a t wave becoming more concave. is there any way to make the changes animated? ie, I want to start with a normal convex T-Wave and then make it morph into a concave leading edge and more peaked. I know how to make each individual shape and that isn't the problem, I just cant seem to figure out how to animate the change from one shape to the next. does anyone have any advice?

I can send you the shapes I have built so far if you want to play with it.

So a Left to Right, Wipe animation of sufficient duration doesn't work for you?

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
Example animation from PowerPoint 2013.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHccI7k9OAI&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
Now I see you want to animate *changes* to the ST segments...hmm, you can play with fades to roughly accomplish the task:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGNoKA6WkCU&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

OP
OP
socalmedic

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
thanks for the help! the wipe from left to right works well enough.