Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Yeah pretty sure I just bombed the hell out of it for a second time. Cut me off around 70-75 questions. Studied the hell out of the book. Studied the hell out of EMT PREP, Jblearning and the other sites on the links here. Was getting 90s andbetter on them. Doesnt matter. The real computer based test doesnt ask questions anything like the ones you can find the practice tests. Alot of the questions dont even give you enough information to make a correct decision. Sucks.

Sounds like you were reading to much into the questions or misunderstood what the question was asking. It is an adjustment to go from class tests to the nr exam if your instructors only asked/tested using right answer questions.

With the test prep are you guessing or do you know the answer and why It is the righ answer. Some people do the prep stuff so much they end up memorizing the answers which will do you no good .

Coleoneps

Forum Probie
Well after not wanting to look because I was almost positive I bombed it my coworkers made me and somehow It said congrats you passed I almost fell over. I would have bet my salary I had failed it but I guess thats the only thing I would have been wrong on. Cut me off around 70-75 Questions.

HelloThere1994

Forum Ride Along
took my EMT-B test for the second time, today. Started at 8 AM..got home, checked at 2ish...FAILED again. IDK what to do, the first time i'll admit i didn't study at all. This time, i felt i studied more (maybe not enough) like i said IDK what to do. next time i take it i'm going to be more nervous, and worried about 1.) not passing again, but 2.) having to take a 24 hr. refresher course. i was Belong average on everything, but i really felt i knew a lot more this second time around, any pointers, tips, study guides, would be appreciated....I know, after this weekend (need to get EMT off the brain for at least the weekend) my nose will be in the books every moment it can be.

68 questions, about one hour.

is there something to this whole "get the last question right, PASS. Get it wrong, FAIL" ??

Last edited by a moderator:

rtarin

Forum Ride Along
NREMT-P Second Attempt

Failed first attempt in june 2012, it stopped me at 150 questions. I just went and took it without studying after my medic class was over since i had done the same for my EMT B and EMT I and passed on the first attempt. Well fellow paramedics that doesn't fly, so I studied hard for 4 months.

Took it again yesterday at 1000 and it stopped me at 75 questions after approx 45 min, quite sure i got the last question right. Results were up within 2 hrs at 1245 same day. I am now a NREMT-Paramedic!;)

Coleoneps

Forum Probie
took my EMT-B test for the second time, today. Started at 8 AM..got home, checked at 2ish...FAILED again. IDK what to do, the first time i'll admit i didn't study at all. This time, i felt i studied more (maybe not enough) like i said IDK what to do. next time i take it i'm going to be more nervous, and worried about 1.) not passing again, but 2.) having to take a 24 hr. refresher course. i was Belong average on everything, but i really felt i knew a lot more this second time around, any pointers, tips, study guides, would be appreciated....I know, after this weekend (need to get EMT off the brain for at least the weekend) my nose will be in the books every moment it can be.

68 questions, about one hour.

is there something to this whole "get the last question right, PASS. Get it wrong, FAIL" ??

Well you either do really good or really bad when you get around 70ish questions then cut off I believe. I just passed mine the other day finally. Second attempt. First time it cut me off around 70ish, second time it cut me off around 70ish. I was below avg on three topics and passing on two the first time. I went through EMTPrep, JB learning like crazy in between tests. Made sure I was able to get roughly 90% of their questions right on those practice sites. Some people will say they dont help some people swear by them. Although I felt like nothing I studied on those sites seemed to appear on the actual computer based test itself the results speak for themselves with a PASS. It could have seemed that anyway because I was so nervous while taking the exam. So make your own judgement. Just study hard and long. Thats my two cents in support to help anyone else out in passing.

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
I85 exam...85 questions...passed!

HelloThere1994

Forum Ride Along
Well you either do really good or really bad when you get around 70ish questions then cut off I believe. I just passed mine the other day finally. Second attempt. First time it cut me off around 70ish, second time it cut me off around 70ish. I was below avg on three topics and passing on two the first time. I went through EMTPrep, JB learning like crazy in between tests. Made sure I was able to get roughly 90% of their questions right on those practice sites. Some people will say they dont help some people swear by them. Although I felt like nothing I studied on those sites seemed to appear on the actual computer based test itself the results speak for themselves with a PASS. It could have seemed that anyway because I was so nervous while taking the exam. So make your own judgement. Just study hard and long. Thats my two cents in support to help anyone else out in passing.

thanks man, i'll have to just study hard like you said....3 time will be a charm, i really want this...i'll look in2 some online stuff but i'm 100% sure everything is in the text book. thanks once again for the help

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
A friend, her second attempt at the paramedic exam: 145 questions, 45 minutes, failed.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
A friend, her second attempt at the paramedic exam: 145 questions, 45 minutes, failed.

wow. I passed my medic first attempt at 80 or so questions. I can't imagine how poorly I would have done doing 3+ questions a minute. Is this the same friend you mentioned a while ago that sped through the exam and failed?

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
wow. I passed my medic first attempt at 80 or so questions. I can't imagine how poorly I would have done doing 3+ questions a minute. Is this the same friend you mentioned a while ago that sped through the exam and failed?

Same one, sigh. I've tried working with her, and she's made improvements, but she's dealing with test anxiety along with missing key words because of her speed.

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
congrats to you two!

nekogirl

Forum Ride Along
72 questions and Passed!!! :rofl: <-- =happy, happy, joy, joy!

I think I answered the last question right, I know there was a "theory" going around the forum about that...I think it was but I know it was one of the easier questions and it was about chem burns. It took me 1 hour 26 minutes, with 34 minutes left. I was in a daze when the screen just went blank and shut off. LOL!

I was certain that I didn't pass and I left there not feeling that I bombed it but that I had missed too many already and they were like, "put this chick out of her testing misery already, please!" It was a loooonnnnggg weekend waiting for my results on Monday cause I took the test on a Saturday! I must have stared at the "Congratulations on your Successful Completion"...message on the screen for a while in disbelief!

Out of my class of 19 students 11 of us were eligible to take the state practicals under the new standards. Out of the 11 students, only 4 of us passed the state practicals. It was tough. Everyone had to redo at least 2-3 of the stations. Out of the 4 students, 3 of us have passed our NREMT-B thus far.

I waited about a month after class was over then scheduled the test. I wished I would have given myself more time to study because I did not feel ready Saturday morning. I used EMTPrep a couple days before to help see what I was forgetting or just not testing well on. I tend to want to pick the logical/real world response to the questions but then I remind myself that this is testing what we learned in the text book and try to pick the best answer based on the text book standards answers and not what you would do in the "real world". So, that seemed to help. Well more then help, I passed on the first try! :) SQUEE!!

Refino827

Forum Probie
I went to 120 Questions on my first EMT B go round, I failed and was 'Near Passing' on all 5 categories. Taking my second attempt on the 20th. Comparing the EMT B Class to the test, I feel there was a lot I was not taught in the class that should've been included. It seemed as if they taught to the older standards. But I've been using the JBLearning Test Prep and it's seemed to help out a lot so far.

ca11metdub

Forum Ride Along
I went to 120 Questions on my first EMT B go round, I failed and was 'Near Passing' on all 5 categories. Taking my second attempt on the 20th. Comparing the EMT B Class to the test, I feel there was a lot I was not taught in the class that should've been included. It seemed as if they taught to the older standards. But I've been using the JBLearning Test Prep and it's seemed to help out a lot so far.

I didn't pass the first time either, but after I purchased JBL and went over all the questions and every single detail of why certain selections were right/wrong I passed the second time. Best of luck!