adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Basic, 1st attempt, 70, pass.

AND1

Forum Probie
i passed 4th attempt at 120 questions.
Emt-b
praise the lord!!!!

i thought you are only allowed 3 attemps ? My school said that after the 3 rd time you have to re take the class.. Well i'm going on the 31. Hopefull the lord will shine upon me. By the way congrats. I know how it feels to fail this test..

waitjoshhills

Forum Probie
i thought you are only allowed 3 attemps ? My school said that after the 3 rd time you have to re take the class.. Well i'm going on the 31. Hopefull the lord will shine upon me. By the way congrats. I know how it feels to fail this test..

you've got 6 attempts but after the 3rd you need to take a 24hour refresher course before you take the last 3....

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
2nd attempt, 70, pass

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks! The wait is driving me crazy! I tried to nap, but not happening. :p

It was the longest 48 hours of my life, surpassed only by the NCLEX. You will be just fine, it's worth it. I am getting
my butterflies back now just thinking about having to take my NREMT for the paramedic level. There is nothing like
getting that certificate and patch in the mail. It makes you feel proud of yourself in so many ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fox

Forum Crew Member
It was the longest 48 hours of my life, surpassed only by the NCLEX. You will be just fine, it's worth it. I am getting
my butterflies back now just thinking about having to take my NREMT for the paramedic level. There is nothing like
getting that certificate and patch in the mail. It makes you feel proud of yourself in so many ways.

I PASSED! lol at 70 questions. (67-70, I'm not sure.)

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the family! Be sure to get that F Endorsement on your license, all services in TN require you have "For Hire" on your license to drive an ambulance. Congratulations!

Fox

Forum Crew Member
Welcome to the family! Be sure to get that F Endorsement on your license, all services in TN require you have "For Hire" on your license to drive an ambulance. Congratulations!

Hahaha! Thanks!

Do we get that F endorsement after EVOC? Cause if so, I just need to go down there and I'm set! (I think there is a test, correct?)

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Hahaha! Thanks!

Do we get that F endorsement after EVOC? Cause if so, I just need to go down there and I'm set! (I think there is a test, correct?)

Call up the DMV and tell them that you are an EMT and that you need to test for your F Endorsement. All you will be doing is taking the written test you took when you got your driver's license.

Use this practice test to study, the questions are almost identical:
http://www.tennesseeanytime.org/dlpractice/

For some reason, F endorsement is the one thing the EMT-IV program doesnt tell you about. As far as EVOC goes, I have worked for several entities, and none has ever required EVOC. They all just ask for current license to practice in the state of TN, and a class D license with "F" endorsement. Do you have any idea what county you want to work for yet?

@emt.dave

Congratulations! It has been 3 years since I passed the NREMT, so it is a bit hazy. However, I think it took about 2 weeks for the package to reach me, because I remember the envelope said something along the lines of, "Official Document do not bend", and of course the idiot mail man bent it in the mail box, lol.

Fox

Forum Crew Member
Call up the DMV and tell them that you are an EMT and that you need to test for your F Endorsement. All you will be doing is taking the written test you took when you got your driver's license.

Use this practice test to study, the questions are almost identical:
http://www.tennesseeanytime.org/dlpractice/

For some reason, F endorsement is the one thing the EMT-IV program doesnt tell you about. As far as EVOC goes, I have worked for several entities, and none has ever required EVOC. They all just ask for current license to practice in the state of TN, and a class D license with "F" endorsement. Do you have any idea what county you want to work for yet?

In my area we have to keep EVOC and Vanessa K. Free once a year or if we wreck it can be criminal charges and we can be sued for not carrying the VKF card. :( So everyone around here requires it. I didn't mind it, I really enjoyed it, but to do it yearly... ugh.

Do you have to pay? DMV told me no when I got my new license (it expired), but the website says $4.50.

I want to work for Sullivan, Hawkins, Carter, or Washington. I'm really aiming for Carter currently.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
In my area we have to keep EVOC and Vanessa K. Free once a year or if we wreck it can be criminal charges and we can be sued for not carrying the VKF card. :( So everyone around here requires it. I didn't mind it, I really enjoyed it, but to do it yearly... ugh.

Do you have to pay? DMV told me no when I got my new license (it expired), but the website says $4.50.

I want to work for Sullivan, Hawkins, Carter, or Washington. I'm really aiming for Carter currently.

I took Vanessa K Free, and EVOC but neither one gave me a card, lol. I feel jipped! Anyways, the only thing they charge you at the DMV is like $10 for the endorsement test. That's about it.

Fox

Forum Crew Member
I took Vanessa K Free, and EVOC but neither one gave me a card, lol. I feel jipped! Anyways, the only thing they charge you at the DMV is like $10 for the endorsement test. That's about it.

It's probably on file for you though! So you're safe. Thanks for the link, I'm going to look into changing it today.