PICTURES OF THE AREA

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
GOTTA LOVE THE NEWS MEDIA....THIS IS FOR ALL OF YOU THAT "LOVE :wub: " :rolleyes: REPORTERS....

photo4.jpg

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
A FEW MORE HOUSES...

photo13.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo9A.jpg

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
YOU KNOW YOUR A REDNECK IF......

photo1.jpg

YOU FASHION A SWIMMING POOL OUT OF A TARP AND YOUR TRUCK BED

:lol: :D :lol: :D

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
AND FINALLY A BIG...

THANKS A MILLION, YOU GUYS ROCK!!! TO RED CROSS, THE SALVATION ARMY, THE CHURCH GROUPS, AND ALL THE OUT OF TOWN UTILITY WORKERS!!!!

photo1A.jpg

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
mmmmmmm Cookies.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I coordinated our Corps' blood drive on Monday... Shoprite donated two HUGE boxes of cookies - 100 each chocolate chip and sugar cookies.... MMMMMM-MMMMM-GOOD!

D'oh, now I want cookies.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Jul 14 2005, 08:32 AM
YOU KNOW YOUR A REDNECK IF......

photo1.jpg

YOU FASHION A SWIMMING POOL OUT OF A TARP AND YOUR TRUCK BED

:lol: :D :lol: :D
We did that for a barn fire once...

Not to fight the fire either.

The portable ponds were full of muddy water, so we emptied a booster tank into a pick up truck bed with a vinyl dam in it. A vinyl dam is a large piece of heavy duty vinyl, mostly used in extreme rural areas. You drape the 40' x 18' 15 layer tarp over a log in a creek, or over a telephone pole that we keep on hand. Drop rocks on it, both sides to weigh it down. And.... You have a dam, to draft out of; when you don't have a water supply, you make one.

We flopped a small one in the back of my pick up, and put three firemen in it who were suffering from exhaustion and hyperthermia from working too close to a propane tank on fire.

Pretty nifty idea. But if it were used in any other place, YOU MIGHT BE A RED NECK... :p

007medic

Forum Lieutenant
Well Princess, you had one H#(( of a storm! I am glad that you and your family was ok. I read the posts that you made about the storm, and we are all thankful to have you still with us! I would hate to live in any area that has storms like that, but then again, several people think us that live in Tornado Alley are just as crazy. I hope that your house survived.

Take care
and Way To Go!!

Lyns

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Jul 14 2005, 09:30 AM
GOTTA LOVE THE NEWS MEDIA....THIS IS FOR ALL OF YOU THAT "LOVE :wub: " :rolleyes: REPORTERS....

photo4.jpg
Nice!!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by shorthairedpunk@Jul 14 2005, 12:24 AM
I see the spray paint, do you know what their markings mean? Im assuming that was from searches. We had talked about MCI markings, but it never came to pass.
That was something AJ Heightman focused on with the Los Angeles train wreck... they pulled out the spray paint and marked the cars with Car#, #trapped, #doa and what engine searched.. that way they didn't duplicate efforts.

Same thing has been done in the mile-long car wrecks... so that they can tell they didn't forget anyone...

Also, isn't there a circle involved saking "search in progress" then the slash for primary, the X for secondary?