PHTLS

EmsMom

Forum Ride Along
Hey there! This is my first time posting on here. I'm desperate and don't know what else to do. Back in February, a guy that I worked with was an CAPCE instructor. He was helping me with my certifications. He sent all of my certifications through email except PHTLS and operations. I waited and waited, even kept asking him through text and tried to call him, but he kept ignoring me. I even had a coworker confront him about it. All he would ever say is he would send them..well that never happened and it's five months later. Is there some sort of website that I can go on to get it myself? Can I report him? Please help me! Thank you so much in advance.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't know what you mean by "CAPCE instructor." I'm pretty sure CAPCE approves courses, not teachers.

How did you sign up for your PHTLS course? Where was it held? Did that guy teach it?

Did he charge you for any of his services?

OP
OP
E

EmsMom

Forum Ride Along
I don't know what you mean by "CAPCE instructor." I'm pretty sure CAPCE approves courses, not teachers.

How did you sign up for your PHTLS course? Where was it held? Did that guy teach it?

Did he charge you for any of his services?
When I said he was a CAPCE instructor, I was just stating that because he helped me get my certifications. I know that CAPCE approves courses. He would send them to me once he got them back. It was being held at my place of employment and yes he tought it. Employers paid for it.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
When I said he was a CAPCE instructor, I was just stating that because he helped me get my certifications. I know that CAPCE approves courses. He would send them to me once he got them back. It was being held at my place of employment and yes he tought it. Employers paid for it.
Does your employer know about this? Since they paid for the course, they should be able to help you get your card. If not, try contacting the NAEMT (www.naemt.org). They promote PHTLS courses. Tell them what happened and ask about next steps.

OP
OP
E

EmsMom

Forum Ride Along
Does your employer know about this? Since they paid for the course, they should be able to help you get your card. If not, try contacting the NAEMT (www.naemt.org). They promote PHTLS courses. Tell them what happened and ask about next steps.
They did and didn't offer any help. Thank you for the advice of who I can contact. I will definitely try that.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show