Phoenix area EMS...PMT/Southwest

IrightI

Forum Crew Member
Anyone work for PMT/Southwest or in the Phoenix area that can shed some light on Paramedic opportunities. I understand that PFD runs there own ambulance, but how is the working environment with PMT/Southwest? Good coverage areas, shifts available (12hr, 24hr), protocols, relationship with area FDs and hospitals? Im a medic with 911 experience...will they put you on a 911 truck or will you be doing transfers until bids open up? Just looking to get a feel for the company overall and see if its a good place long-term or if the area FDs are picking up medics like its going out of style. If thats the case, maybe a shot at the area FDs wouldnt hurt.

Any info you have is much appreciated. Thanks.

OP
OP
I

IrightI

Forum Crew Member
No one is a medic in AZ with some info? Looking at a possible move so any info would be great.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't think I have heard of many AZ Medics on here, sorry

stickclicks

Forum Probie
PFD puts their probationary FFs on their rescues, you would have to go through the process of testing, interviewing and being selected. SW and PMT both run IFTs and have contracts with city fire departments (you can find a list of which cities on their respective websites) that do not have their own rescues. You have to bid onto all of these trucks which usually takes a while as it is based mostly on seniority and everyone wants to be the 911 superstar. If you are looking for 911 status right away, you may want to consider the outer laying areas like Tonopah or Safford as the main three entities you mentioned are well established and require due diligence over some time to get to where you want to be. That said, I know SW and PMT are always hurting for paramedics.

Hope some of this was of value.