Phoenix Area Employment

Surf40

Forum Probie
Hey everyone,

I know this has been touched on before here but I was wondering if anyone has any up-to-date information on hiring in the Phoenix area? I know AMR has been moving in and taking over (or so I've read), but the last information I found on here was that they were taking apps but not hiring and only had about 5 IFT rigs and no 911 contracts. Is that still the same case? On AMR's website (Envision), they only list EMT jobs in Prescott, AZ (with Lifeline Ambulance) and Havasu with River Medical, nothing actually with AMR in the Phoenix area.

I currently live in Southern California but am seriously considering a move to the Phoenix area. Out here you can basically walk into any ambulance company and get a job right now...appears hiring is a lot tougher out there.

I was hoping to get onto an ambulance there and start paramedic school around the first of the year. Any info on hiring, availability of jobs, and pay, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any info!

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Go two more states over and work in Texas.

OP
OP
S

Surf40

Forum Probie
Too far from home in California and I have family in the Nevada/Arizona area, so I'm not really considering Texas. Thanks though, I've heard they have a great EMS system.