Petition for Colorado EMS licence plates?

i have fire fighter plates... Im a fire fighter ! If they make an emt plate then every person around is going to have one, so taking a six month class or less you should have a license plate? No!

OH NO! YOU MIGHT FEEL LESS SPECIAL! Hypocrite.

hey summit, think they'll charge me extra to get one that reads XXX? Seems to be a colorado fav. :lol:

FYI, in the City and County, the FF plates may not be all that helpful.

Has any certified Colorado EMT's though about wanting to have our own EMS licence plates? Something simple like Blue plate with star of like like the Firefighter plates?

Thats a bummer, our corp. gets plates after we get our CPR cert. We don't even need to be EMTs!

Colorado Guys

Maybe a few of us can work on getting the petition done?

i have fire fighter plates... Im a fire fighter ! If they make an emt plate then every person around is going to have one, so taking a six month class or less you should have a license plate? No!

Denver is so special that they need their own plate that differs from the rest of the state firefighter plates!

And as far as training to qualify most red firefghter plates belong to volley firefighter's that hold a FR card and no FF1 cert! I got my Red Firefighter plates when I was a 17 years old as a cadet for the dept. So how does that make me less able to do the job now that I have EMT-B and all the extra's then before?

6 months is a decent time frame to become a basic. I did mine in a month so 6mo to me seems pretty thorough. DP has their P-School done in 6 months also. You're statement here makes it sound like you think EMS people are worthless and we don't deserve plates because they're so many of us. But the people who took that 6mo course...well they can try to save your life someday. There are more miltary members in CO then firefighters. They have a plate. Should they not be allowed because so many of them around...who did their basic training in 3-6 months?

Note: I added to this thread cause I felt necessary to get my point out and to find out where this petition is. I come from Iowa where we had plates and was disappointed when CO doesn't offer them. I'd like to see/sign it but the link provided didn't work.

But the 86-Hour Firefighter Course is such an honor that they "deserve" a license plate?

Personally, I think they are all kind of dumb in general, but if you want one have at it. I just don't see how becoming a firefighter is a much greater accomplishment than becoming an EMT.

I'm pretty sure you have to be associated with a department to get the plates... Here in NV that's how it is at least. Also their immediate family members can get the plates as well.

If you're looking for "professional courtesy" from PD/SO/HP when you are speeding and get pulled over, that's ridiculous. I'm not saying that's what you are looking for but it's the first thing that comes to mind when talking about EMS license plates. With that said I did get pulled over on my way home from work once in my uniform, and wasn't issued a citation for the simple fact that I was in uniform. Was it right? No. Was I going to argue about it? Absolutely not, but I also didn't go out of my way to make it known that I work in public safety.

Personally I have no interest in advertising the fact that I'm an EMT or Paramedic but that's just me. If you want it more power to you but I guarantee my partner and I would have a field day if we ever saw an EMS plate but that's just how we work, no one is safe from us making fun of you in the privacy of our ambulance.

Change doesn't happen by sitting around and talking about it, it happens from people taking action. If you really want an EMS license plate that bad get out there and start getting signatures.

Denver Paramedics P-school finishes their didactic in 6-9 months depending on which program you are in. You still have clinical hours and an Internship to complete before you can sit for the national exam.

Please don't bring the military into this. They make huge sacrifices for our country and deserve respect. An EMT who takes a 4-6 month course and works 3-4 12 hour shifts per week is not a comparison at all. If you are in the job for recognition and respect you are here for the complete wrong reasons.

Back