Paramedics Plus Alameda County

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I hear a lot of the 911 Rural/Metro guys complaining, but the Rural/Metro that does IFT is totally separate. Rural/Metro IFT is still very new and there are a lot of things to figure out still, but I think most of the employees are happy. I believe they are one of the highest paying non union IFT company, even higher than ProTransport-1 (union), lots of overtime, the BLS crews get a lot of CODE 2/BLS emergencies call, the ambulances are super new (less than 10k miles on them), a dedicated CCT crew (a lot of local companies do CCT, but not usually dedicated), supply techs, and three clean stations.

They do have some problems, which I think people would expect since they are so new here that I won't go into that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Didn't receive an e-mail back. Bummer. Maybe he'll e-mail me back within the week otherwise I'll finally be a nagging granny and make a phone call.

OP
OP
AnthonyTheEmt

AnthonyTheEmt

Forum Lieutenant
Didn't receive an e-mail back. Bummer. Maybe he'll e-mail me back within the week otherwise I'll finally be a nagging granny and make a phone call.

Dont email him. You have to call him.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Thanks, I will call him tomorrow since it's probably too late now. I was planning on letting my e-mail rest for a week before I call ao I wouldn't seem like a nagging grandmother.

OP
OP
AnthonyTheEmt

AnthonyTheEmt

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks, I will call him tomorrow since it's probably too late now. I was planning on letting my e-mail rest for a week before I call ao I wouldn't seem like a nagging grandmother.

Yea, don't waste your time emailing him. He probably gets hundreds of emails a day. With that approach you're just a name on an email just like everyone else. Calling him shows that you really want this job and you're actually doing something to pursue it.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Haha, while at work, I drove up to a Paramedic Plus rig in the same parking lot as us. As soon as I got in, they hopped into their rig and left without saying anything. I dunno if they got an alpha call or not, but I felt like they could've said "sorry, got a call, bye". Oh well.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Hm, tried giving a call, and it goes straight to voicemail requesting that you do not leave a message, but instead send an e-mail, which I already sent. I'll try calling every couple of days and maybe sending an e-mail once every 2 weeks or something (thinking about it). I almost feel like it's luck to get on with any county EOA, lol.

OP
OP
AnthonyTheEmt

AnthonyTheEmt

Forum Lieutenant
Hm, tried giving a call, and it goes straight to voicemail requesting that you do not leave a message, but instead send an e-mail, which I already sent. I'll try calling every couple of days and maybe sending an e-mail once every 2 weeks or something (thinking about it). I almost feel like it's luck to get on with any county EOA, lol.

I just happened to call him when he answered. I was gonna email him but misheard the email address he gave so had to call back and he answered. Who knows, maybe something will happen. BTW, what company do you work for now?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Rural/Metro of Northern California. The new white and lime green ambulances. I was trying to keep it a secret on here, but like 90% of the people saw me talking on the whole job fair thing for it.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
In a way, I hope he ignored my previous e-mail. My new resume makes that old one look like a joke. Got somr really good feedback that I think makes it a lot better.

gclol

Forum Crew Member
is RM understaffed right now? im hearing mixed things about them and how they are bringing rigs from santa clara up to coco to fill the gaps

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I'm not sure what I am allowed to say about their operations.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What's the word on Paramedic Plus? I am gonna give another call tomorrow and resend my resume.