Paramedic, Virginia Beach/Norfolk Area

rforeman

Forum Probie
Another question, my fiancé was offered a position today in Norfolk, Va. Can anyone recommend any EMS companies in the area that may be hiring? I have applied to most of the Fire/EMS Combo departments that have openings. I am willing to drive up to 2 hours for a job as long as they do long shifts. NC, DE, MD and VA are all open for looking. Thanks Everyone

VA Transport EMT

Forum Crew Member
If you don't mind transport, First med in hampton or Mti are the big companies around here. First med has plenty of federal contacts for federal jobs and have excellent on call pay for als. Mti haas nice rotating shift option but their oc pay isn't up to par with First Med. So I've heard

OP
OP
R

rforeman

Forum Probie
Vatrans, I'll check them out. I don't want to do transports forever but I'm not opposed to anything to get started.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I was about to suggest my service in southern DE before I realized we're 3.5 hrs away from Norfolk. What can I say, I'm new and don't know my way around the east coast yet.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Sussex County EMS. Great place to work, but 12 hr shifts. Who knows though? You might be able to find a way to spend the 12 hrs between each day and night shift somewhere close and go home on your 24 hrs off in the middle and during your four day period off.