Paramedic school longer?

EMTOsorio93

Forum Ride Along
So I was talking to some coworkers and I was telling them about he I wanted to become a paramedic (obviously I'm a basic) and they were telling me paramedic school is going to be made longer than it is now. The program that I applied to (starting this fall) as of right now is still offering a 1 year program. I have all pre-reqs as I am planning on going into nursing school in the future (that's a whole other thread) and have pre-reqs done for that as well...now as for my question, is what I heard true? And if it is when will it be implemented?

Imacho

Forum Lieutenant
What school did you plan on attending? My program at RCC was 14 months. I know of others that are 9 months and 24 months.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
There is additional curriculum that has been adopted by several states. In order to effectively teach it, class will have to be longer.

However, there are ways to add class time without altering overall program length.

I would be extremely suspicious of the quality of an institution and potential for you to pass a test involving the new material that does not somehow increase class time. (I certainly wouldn't go to one or pay them)