Paramedic pours blood on student

webster44

Forum Crew Member
Link

I sure hope that they were joking around and using fake blood....

It would seem to me that a hospital would not be legally able to just give blood away....

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Expired blood is treated as medical waste and incinerated. I'm calling BS on this one. Doesn't add up.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I can't figure out what the purpose of having the expired blood was.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If it's true that's ridiculous.

I want to know what was going through his head. Yes the blood is clean, but that's still so wrong on so many different levels.

MS Medic

Forum Captain
The original story states that he poored some on himself as well. While I don't freak out about getting blood on me, I'm not going to poor any on myself either. Maybe that is a little telling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aidey

The second story says that he was putting it on a gauze pad and spilled it on both himself and the student.

MS Medic

Forum Captain
Maybe I misread it but I thought it said he put the blood on the gauze and then applied the bloody gauze to the student and himself.

Aidey

...poured some of the blood onto gauze for the student's fake injury to make the wound look more realistic, he said. The paramedic then spilled some of the blood onto himself and the student's skin, he said.

I interpreted "spilled" to mean accidental, but the article doesn't actually specify if it was intentional or not.