paramedic pay in fla??

medicman14

Forum Crew Member
It was for us, eagles were way to sensitive to the abuse. The patient ended up with no vent more often than not. The autovent4000s are more rugged and seem to stand up better in our world.

I'd also like to add that the EMT iv practice is fairly limited to 911 services that staff emt/medic. The practice doesn't exist on bls trucks or interfacility agencies. It is pretty well limited to those who need a hand in a pinch, not a normal thing for the common city EMT role. Even when the EMT starts the iv, the medic still attends - so I don't mean to imply that it is a normal bls skill.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
It was for us, eagles were way to sensitive to the abuse. The patient ended up with no vent more often than not. The autovent4000s are more rugged and seem to stand up better in our world.

I'd also like to add that the EMT iv practice is fairly limited to 911 services that staff emt/medic. The practice doesn't exist on bls trucks or interfacility agencies. It is pretty well limited to those who need a hand in a pinch, not a normal thing for the common city EMT role. Even when the EMT starts the iv, the medic still attends - so I don't mean to imply that it is a normal bls skill.

And what county is this? I am very interested.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
It was for us, eagles were way to sensitive to the abuse.
If your breaking 754s abuse is EXACTLY what your doing. The Eagle was (is?) one of the primary military transport vents. They're tough machines. Getting rid of them and going to an inferior vent because your crews either can't run them or take care of them is a bad way of doing business.

Pavehawk

Forum Lieutenant

Volusia County has added IV for basics if they a) go through a training program approved by the medical director AND b) are under the direct supervision of an EMT-P. They can also drop combi-tubes.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Volusia County has added IV for basics if they a) go through a training program approved by the medical director AND b) are under the direct supervision of an EMT-P. They can also drop combi-tubes.

You are talking about EVAC which is a private service that operates/covers Volusia County. And I would hope combi tubes are performed by EMT Bs since it is a skill well within an eight year olds ability.

However my question is still unanswered.

Pavehawk

Forum Lieutenant
You are talking about EVAC which is a private service that operates/covers Volusia County. And I would hope combi tubes are performed by EMT Bs since it is a skill well within an eight year olds ability.

However my question is still unanswered.

No I am talking about Volusia County EMS, EVAC is no longer is a private agency. They are now a county third service since about 10 months ago. Perhaps you should fact check before you try and tell me what I am talking about. As for the combitube thing... yeah so, what's your point? :D

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
No I am talking about Volusia County EMS, EVAC is no longer is a private agency. They are now a county third service since about 10 months ago. Perhaps you should fact check before you try and tell me what I am talking about. As for the combitube thing... yeah so, what's your point? :D

I did fact check, their website did not reflect that name change. It is my neck of the woods so to speak and I am always trying to stay in the loop.

I remember that being discussed a while back but I never heard any follow up conversation on it. However I am still digging for this other county which is yet to be named.

http://www.volusia.org/ems/

I should have noticed it now goes to government domain, I missed that but it is still referenced as EVAC which is why I did not give it any further thought.

"On Oct. 1, 2011, EVAC transitioned to the County of Volusia under the Department of Public Protection, thus forming a new division known as the Emergency Medical Services Division (EVAC)."

Referencing the combi tubes sounded like it was a bragging right...was just pointing out that it is a monkey skill...not a marker of pre-hospital excellence.

medicman14

Forum Crew Member

I work for Wakulla County, the coastal County just south of Tallahassee.

I used to work for Polk County, and they also had EMTs start ivs.

I also spent just shy of 5 years at the State EMS office, which is where I gathered my information - by doing inspections on nearly every agency in Florida firsthand.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I work for Wakulla County, the coastal County just south of Tallahassee.

I used to work for Polk County, and they also had EMTs start ivs.

I also spent just shy of 5 years at the State EMS office, which is where I gathered my information - by doing inspections on nearly every agency in Florida firsthand.

Thank you, that is great information. Never know when I or someone else may need to call upon you privately.

medicman14

Forum Crew Member
I'm honored to serve in this profession, and am willing to assist anyone else with honorable intent.

Pavehawk

Forum Lieutenant
Referencing the combi tubes sounded like it was a bragging right...was just pointing out that it is a monkey skill...not a marker of pre-hospital excellence.

Why would anyone brag about that? I was just touching on the expanded scope for Volusia county EMT-B. As it sits I don't think EVAC will be upskilling their EMT-B folks to IV though several of the Fire Depatments are training thier folks.

As it sits most, if not all, skills done by prehospital folks can be taught to almost anyone. I have said for years (40 in EMS for me ), and many folks agree, that it's not the skills that make the provider it's the knowledge base that backs them up!

I don't brag about my job, BUT don't get me started on my grandkids!!!:D