Paramedic Class Supplements

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
I was planning on taking some supplements for my paramedics from a local community college. I'm currently considering at least an A&P class with cadaver labs.

Are there any recommendations of other things to help supplement my classes? As well would one recommend taking them before or after it's covered in the curriculum.

Taking them concurrent with the paramedic class isn't something that's a new concept for me, considering my last full semester in college I was taking many difficult courses and maintaining my study time and GPA.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
chemistry, microbiology, college algebra, general psychology, abnormal psych, developmental psych, criminal investigation, criminal law, business law, legal documentation, medical terminolgy, pathophysiology, pharmacology,

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
My order would be:
1. A&P I and II if offered
2. Psychology - Intro and Abnormal
3. Pharmacology
4. Pathophysiology
5. Sociology
6. Med. Terminology
7. Sociology.

OP
OP
Dominion

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
chemistry, microbiology, college algebra, general psychology, abnormal psych, developmental psych, criminal investigation, criminal law, business law, legal documentation, medical terminolgy, pathophysiology, pharmacology,

So far from that list I've taken:

Chemistry (1, 2, intro to org chem and chemistry for health professionals)
College Algebra & Statistics
Gen Psych
Sociology (Generic & Sociology of Race)

In addition I guess it would help to list others I've taken relative:
Biology, Medical Ethics, Logic, Calculus (failed miserably :p), communication (focused on person to person, helped with giving reports to people).

In addition to that I'm semi fluent in German (my vocab is suffering from not using it), and ASL.

Edit: I should add although I forgot in the original post I also wanted to take Pharm. But I honestly never thought about law, even though I don't know if it would help me particularly, maybe something pertaining to medical law, but some of that was covered in my Medical Ethics class.

All the above classes were taken at a University (University of Louisville) for those that are curious, I would take additional courses at the local community college primarily because the tuition hour for hour is cheaper and the scheduling works better for me working full time.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Dominion

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
To futher it a bit more, would one recommend taking the classes before/during the classroom portion or start focusing on filler classes between the classroom portion and when I take the registry.