Paramedic Awarded 1.5 Mil

webster44

Forum Crew Member
LINK

Wow, Scary injury. I'm wondering though what exactly the fault was?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Yeah, but there's a difference between repost and bumping. Just wanted to clarify.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Earls returned to work as a dispatcher with New Orleans EMS, Oestreicher said, but found the job difficult due to his nerve damage. The city fired him in January because he could not do his job, his attorney said.

Bets on who will be sued next?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
images

I'm so surprised!
I've had front seat metal pedestals tear loose with me on it, and seen many internal hatch failures due to woodscrews being used in particle board, same into the edges of 1/2 to 3/4 inch plywood, thin chain being used to limit the travel of hatches, regular cabinet door-type hinges instead of piano hinges, and obvious migration of exhaust and tire particles into storage cabinets built over then left rear tire. The capper (pun unintended) was finding out the ambulance interior and top shell on the Suburban conversions we had a couple of were not not secured; the cap was on with sheet metal screws and had no rollover support capability, and the entire interior was held in by a couple sheet metal screws here and there to keep it ]from sliding backwards/forewords; the design used gravity to hold the entire slide in module including seats, cabinets. contents and riders inside the rear compartment.

I'm so surprised.