Panic Attacks, being an EMT

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Working in the ER could also help you become more used to EMS in a more controlled environment. That could lead to you being more comfortable in the field later on.

OP
OP
T

T.Simmons

Forum Ride Along
Thanks to all who gave positive input, the last few pages really helped. Some of the emt-p's that chimed in were spot on, I couldn't quote all of the good replies in the thread, but I appreciate you taking the time to give me advice!

bled12345

Forum Crew Member
LOL... this thread is funny.......

*AS IF* everyone working in EMS is completely 100% emotionally and mentally healthy... ahahahahahahahhahaha

Alcoholic, PTSD, burnout, complacency, apethy, high strung coffee swilling chain smoking medics. Like none of you have any of them working in your service ;)

bled12345

Forum Crew Member
On a side note, when I first got into EMS I was stressed about not being able to handle certain things. I was also very nervous about seeing certain things, EMS, like anything in life, gets easier and more comfortable the longer you do it.

After a ped code, the next few shifts is ANYONE mentally 100%? does NO ONE's heart sink when they hear the tones go off, thinking ":censored::censored::censored::censored:, please don't be serious, please don't be serious"

to support previous posters, get off the benzo's, learn coping mechanisms, seek a cognitive behavior therapist ( I hear they are the best for anxiety ) and figure this out. Overcome man, you can do it.

Peace