Pacific Bowers Interview

12nguym10

Forum Ride Along
Hi Everyone

I have an interview with Pacific-Bowers Ambulance in OC tomorrow morning. This will be my first interview with the ambulance company. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should prep for the interview? How were the written and skills exams? Whenever you're available, please contact me. Thank you!

ThundahMed

Forum Probie
It was my FAVORITE ambulance when I did my ride alongs.
I've had one interview so far (not with Pacific), but I was asked a question on Scenarios (what would you do?) followed by a written exam which covers basic EMT knowledge. Other than those two, it was like a regular non-EMS interview.

Also try searching this forum for info on EMS Interviews and maybe another thread with pacific/bowers Ambulance. I'm pretty sure I've seen some around.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

12nguym10

Forum Ride Along
Thanks, FVM! And good luck to you as well!

aquabear

World's Okayest Paramedic
Here are some general interview tips that are applicable for all ambulance interviews:

1) Wear business attire, preferably a suit and tie unless otherwise stated (Some companies will have you do a lift test at the time of the interview)

2) Bring copies of your résumé and two sided copies if all of your certs.

3) Research the company/agency your are interviewing for. Most of the interviews I have been in will ask you what you know about their organization.

4) Be confident and if you don't feel confident, fake it.

I worked for Bowers, Pacific's sister company in Los Angeles county, from 2011 to early 2012, from what I remember about the interview, it was casual but make sure you know information about the company for the test and interview. They also ask the standard interview questions like "Tell me about your self?" "Why did you want to become an EMT?"

Good luck!

islandmedic

Forum Probie
Pacific's hiring process was super easy. No written, no skills, just interview. There was a field supervisor and the operations manager on my panel. I was asked to tell them about myself and why I wanted to be in EMS and three scenario questions. Very laid back atmosphere. I don't work there anymore but as of very recently I don't think the process has changed at all.

With that being said, treat it like you would any interview. I wore a suit. Was it necessary? Probably not. Did it hurt? Probably not. Be yourself and be personable. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

OP
OP

12nguym10

Forum Ride Along
Thank you so much for your advices! Also, how specific were the scenario based questions?

OP
OP

12nguym10

Forum Ride Along
djarmpit,

It went pretty well. I was suppose to hear from the company sometime this week, so fingers crossed! How long did it take you to hear back from them?

OP
OP

12nguym10

Forum Ride Along
I just received a request to fill out their online application and consent form. That's pretty much it. Hopefully I hear back more from them. Thanks!