PA Student Blog

OP
OP
Ewok Jerky

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
most pa programs are of an "accelerated" nature, thats how we get it done in 2 years. we are taking 9 classes each semester: spring, summer and fall. That is followed by 12 months of clinical rotations. I know one school across town is a 3 year program, 6 classes for two semester per year.

OP
OP
Ewok Jerky

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
semester 2 starts tomorrow morning!

check out my quick summary of semester 1

pastudentblog.wordpress.com

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Keep up the good work! Also where you required to take the GRE for entrance? If so, how much of that weighted your acceptance into the program?

MediMike

Forum Lieutenant
I can only answer the firs part there ExPat, any M.S. program is going to require the GRE, and the degree of importance they tack on to it is going to depend on the program. For instance, UW's MEDEX requires the GRE, but haven't decided upon a range of scores they want to use quite yet, so as of this time as long as you don't blow it ridiculously bad I think you'll be a-ok.

OP
OP
Ewok Jerky

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Some schools require it some don't. A few have a "hard" minimum, many have only "competitive ranges".

GRE is required at my program. For next year's class, to be compettitve, you will need to be above the 50th percentile. When I interviewed last year, I was told that the GRE is a small piece of the package unless you do extremely well or extremely poor. Honestly, with the breadth of a PA school app, I can't see it being used any other way.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
I can only answer the firs part there ExPat, any M.S. program is going to require the GRE, and the degree of importance they tack on to it is going to depend on the program.

Not all Master's programs require the GRE.

AlphaOmega

Forum Probie
Good read, thanks for posting!

What happened to this guy?

OP
OP
Ewok Jerky

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Summer semester is what happened. Just finished my last of 10 finals. I will post again but I need enjoy my vacation a little first. In summary:

neuro, pediatrics, nephrology, GI, endocrinology, A&P, surgery, pharmacology, primary care, and physical diagnosis.

up next:
ortho, diagnostic imaging, medical therapeutics, emergency med, critical care, evidence based medicine, procedures lab, and more primary care.