PA EMT-B ConEd for ACLS?

94H

Forum Lieutenant
Im sitting in an ACLS class for nursing school right now. Anyone know if this satisfies a couple hours for my EMT coned in PA?

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief

medic550

Forum Crew Member
The original poster refered to PA con ed requirements. I know a few years ago it didnt count cause it showed up on my report with 0 hours because I was an basic at the time.

Obviously it can count against NREMT but for PA state requirements I would say no. And to try and get PA state credit you need to sign the roster in the class. (State con ed roster)

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
It's absurd that they wouldn't accept ConEd. Advanced knowledge is a good thing.

medic550

Forum Crew Member
Pa is A** backward on everything. Cant do RSI. Where most places use phenegran we have zofran.

the DOH has con ed that is designated as BLS/ALS or ALS only.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Pa is A** backward on everything. Cant do RSI. Where most places use phenegran we have zofran.

the DOH has con ed that is designated as BLS/ALS or ALS only.

Sorry to hear about this.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
The NREMT told me the exact opposite. As did my state EMS office.

Does that mean an EMT-B/EMT could take any ACLS or ALS level class for credit? Say, if I, as a basic, took a course on chest decompression, or chest tube management, could I count it for my CEs? How about physician-level CEs, or PA/NP or RN CE activities?

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I asked this question to the NREMT in regards to MedScape ConEd. MedScape is for physicians. They said it fully counts.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I asked this question to the NREMT in regards to MedScape ConEd. MedScape is for physicians. They said it fully counts.

That is AWESOME. I would love to take some CEs that are designed for EM MDs and ID MDs.