Oregon set medic

McCluggins

Forum Ride Along
Howdy yall,

I'm currently a set/event medic in California and I'm moving to Oregon soon. I've already found an ambo job but would like to keep working on sets/COVID-19 compliancy. I've only found one company about 3 hours from where I'm moving to (Beaverton) so that's a deal-breaker. Any leads? Thanks in advance.

MedicFF

Forum Probie
Howdy yall,

I'm currently a set/event medic in California and I'm moving to Oregon soon. I've already found an ambo job but would like to keep working on sets/COVID-19 compliancy. I've only found one company about 3 hours from where I'm moving to (Beaverton) so that's a deal-breaker. Any leads? Thanks in advance.

Not sure how much you, personally, need to want to stay in Oregon. But if you need and want a set medic job, your best options other than CA are Michigan and Georgia thanks to film industry tax breaks. I’d say Vancouver, too, but BC EMS is much different than our system.

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
There are a lot of Stages being built in N.J. since the Governor gave the TV and Film tax credit, lots of jobs in NJ. Still, more projects are shot in and around NYC than anywhere else in N. America over the last 5 years. Right now, Ca. probably has a slight edge over NY.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Howdy yall,

Sometimes what you want, and what’s realistic, aren’t the same. Did you research this before moving?