Orange county contracts

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
Not sure if this is right page for this question, but just curious, when do orange county contracts go back up for bid??? Orange County in southern California fyi.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
They bid every 5 years, I believe. So they'll be up for bid again in 4.5 years.

LA is up for EOA bids in 2016.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
They just did the bid. CARE pretty much took 99% of OC leaving a sliver for Emergency Ambulance. LACO is going to get interesting. Word on the street is Schaefer wants to get rid of La Canada/Flintridge due to low call volume. Pomona wants Schaefer out. AMR bought RM which owns Bowers and AMR just bought a huge new station down by the old Jefferson station they had when they ran 911 by killer king. So you have the major players:
amr
Care
Mc Cormick
Schaefer
Maybe Care will do another sweep like they did OC or Amr will try to blow everyone out of the water. All speculation and rumors until proven.

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
They just did the bid. CARE pretty much took 99% of OC leaving a sliver for Emergency Ambulance. LACO is going to get interesting. Word on the street is Schaefer wants to get rid of La Canada/Flintridge due to low call volume. Pomona wants Schaefer out. AMR bought RM which owns Bowers and AMR just bought a huge new station down by the old Jefferson station they had when they ran 911 by killer king. So you have the major players:
amr
Care
Mc Cormick
Schaefer
Maybe Care will do another sweep like they did OC or Amr will try to blow everyone out of the water. All speculation and rumors until proven.

Or maybe the LACoFD will drop a bombshell and say they're going to be taking over all transports.haha;)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Word on the street is Schaefer wants to get rid of La Canada/Flintridge due to low call volume
Shoot, I feel like my shift can cover not just GFD districts 28 and 29 but LACo 63 and 19 up in Montrose/La Canada/Flintridge and we'd still be barely matching the run numbers of our downtown units lol