Opinions

txmedic5

Forum Probie
Hey guys I'm going to take up a new hobby but not sure how to display it. I want to start collecting used helmet fronts, you know the leather shield that shows dept truck etc etc. Guessing a shadow box but not sure how to mount them inside and it would take a big one=expensive.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Most shields should have two screws in the middle used to mount to the helmet. You could use those screw holes to secure it to the shadow box (or however you decide to display them; or make a cradle for it to rest on top of.

I like the idea of collecting shields much more than patches, but not sure how many people will be willing to give them up. They aren't like patches lying around. I sure as hell wouldn't give mine up :p

OP
OP
txmedic5

txmedic5

Forum Probie
Yea I've got quite a few patches lying around haha. Yea they will be hard to come by no doubt but may make it a little more fun. Screws would def work, just some half inch wood in the back of it. Thank ya sir

OP
OP
txmedic5

txmedic5

Forum Probie
Only thing about glue is if I ever took them down it would prolly damage the leather.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Those shields are pretty expensive, at least compared to other collectables. I am not sure who is going to give you one. As poetic justic said, I wouldn't be giving up mine to anyone for a collection; well maybe to the wife when I retired to act as a center for a a patch board.

OP
OP
txmedic5

txmedic5

Forum Probie
I've got a few already, eBay has got quite a bit of them. Well compared to my other hobbies this is very cheap haha.