Opinions on the Pelham Training accelerated paramedic program

Forum Crew Member
Hello all, I am a new member to this forum and was looking for a little advice/opinions on the Pelham Accelerated Paramedic program. First a few things: I am well aware of the general opinions of accelerated programs (I.e. "you don't get the time in the field" or "you get what you put in as long as you are willing to study and have experience prior" etc). My question is not if an accelerated program is a good idea or not. I have the experience in the field as well as the time/motivation dedicate to such an intense regiment. My question is more about the institute itself. A co worker of mine highly reccomends it having attended a paramedic refresher course there a few years ago. However, coming from the western seaboard, I was hoping to get some opinions from folks around that area who are familiar with the reputation of the institute and its program before I commit to moving 2500 miles east for almost 4 months. I would also like to know of any other similar programs that I possibly haven't yet discovered. I am a seasonal firefighter for the state and I don't want to risk missing a fire season which is why I'm looking at accelerated programs. Any and all suggestions would be very helpful! For those who are unfamiliar, the pelham program lasts about three and a half months and includes the didactic, clinical and internship phases of the program and students take the nr test at the end and can be nremt-p's upon completion. Again thanks to all who decide to share opinions and I look forward to reading them!

EMTFozzy

Forum Crew Member
If your going to move 2500 miles go a little further to Virginia Beach Virginia and partake in their accelerated medic program. 5 months and 36 college credits for all the core paramedic classes. Tidewater Community College.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Look at TEEX . They specialize in getting firefighters their medical certs.

Rialaigh

Forum Asst. Chief
If your going to move 2500 miles go a little further to Virginia Beach Virginia and partake in their accelerated medic program. 5 months and 36 college credits for all the core paramedic classes. Tidewater Community College.

I agree with this, Don't have any personal experience but have heard nothing but really wonderful things about this program. Heard the clinical experience is absolutely top notch in the ER and the field clinicals.

OP
OP

Forum Crew Member
interesting...when does their next program start? I'm trying to get into Pelham's January program which gets out mid april...trying to work around fire season here cuz competition is fierce for getting on with Cal Fire and missing a season will pretty much make it all but impossible to get back on with them.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I have an opinion, but it's probably not what your looking for.

:)

I've worked with a few of their students. I think the program is probably ok but the students are for the most part only there because they want to be firefighters not medics. If your interest is EMS it might not be the best option. If your interest is firefighting and you just want the medic to get hired somewhere it's probably fine.