Online CE's for medics?

zzyzx

Forum Captain
Do you guys know of any sites offering INSTRUCTOR-BASED CE's for paramedics online? Thanks! They would need to be approved by California EMSA as well.

OP
OP
zzyzx

zzyzx

Forum Captain
Do you know if these qualify as instructor-based CE's? Thanks

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
If you're just looking to renew a California license, yes, it does. They have an instructor available all the time. You can get all 48 hours from them. I've done that a couple times in the past. Just make sure that the courses you take cover the content areas that you'd cover in a refresher course. However, because it's also distributive learning (aka online), you cannot use it to meet all of your NREMT CE requirements.

California is quite a bit more flexible in CE requirements than the NR is. They just require that at least 50% of your CE is "Instructor based" and "cover the topics listed in the US DOT National Standard Paramedic Curriculum."

You can also use any CECBEMS approved course. If the course is "instructor based" then the completion certificate should say so, and verify with the EMSA office staff that a particular course is accepted as "live" as opposed to simply distributive learning. IIRC, if it has "F5" in the course number, it's "Virtual Instructor Led Training" and might be considered as live training.

Also, be aware that as far as I can tell, CE Solutions is the only "statewide" online vendor for CE.

Last edited:

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I updated my post with more info, I think you should re-read it.