One word, Ouch!!

FireStrut

Forum Crew Member
Reaction score
This is an actual Emergency Room photo of a fisherman who lost control of his bass boat in West Virginia. Wardens believe he was traveling at a speed of 75 mph at the time of the accident. He was unable to negotiate a curve in the narrow water-way. Unfortunatly for him,upon striking the shoreline and being ejected from the boat he landed backside first on an old fencepost.

The good news is that after about 6 months this man made a full recovery, after suffering a shattered hip, broken leg, several broken ribs, internal injuries and soft tissue damage. Doctors credit his recovery to the fact that the post lodged itself so tightly that there was little or no bloodloss.

****Warning Graphic Pic, Not for the weak of heart***

www.wyomingoutdoorsradio.com/Fisherman post ready.jpg

well there goes my Saturday night....

~S~

That is strange, I was informed this person was involved in a MVA, and he did loose his leg and later died... This is an old pic that has been on www.defrance.org EMS site for at least 3-4 years ago, I believe it is still there.

If you observe he has 2 units of blood hanging on the blood warmer, and there is no circulation in the leg... and as well a hot nurse in the background !.....

R/r 911

Last edited by a moderator:
It hurts just to look at it,omg,he is lucky to be alive!~

Ouch! <<shudders>>

If you observe he has 2 units of blood hanging on the blood warmer, and there is no circulation in the leg... and as well a hot nurse in the background !.....

Yeah. Where was this picture taken? I want to move there if the hospitals have nurses like that working for them. :wub:

Back