One wonders why EMS gets a bad name...

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
Ha. Can't say that doesn't look like fun...if only more EMTs were able to work/study hard and play hard...until we can work hard, it's hard to justify playing hard. If I saw doctors doing that, I wouldn't care as much because I know they had their stuff together...

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Problem is that unit is stocked and appears ready to roll. Hmmm.. do you think they are a paid service? If so, and I was a supervisor, I can assure that would be the last time in a unit.

Yeah, I like partying alike everyone else, but not in a EMS unit... C'mon.. think of all the
e-coli and staph around ...

R/r 911

OP
OP
jordanfstop

jordanfstop

Forum Lieutenant
Problem is that unit is stocked and appears ready to roll. Hmmm.. do you think they are a paid service? If so, and I was a supervisor, I can assure that would be the last time in a unit.

Yeah, I like partying alike everyone else, but not in a EMS unit... C'mon.. think of all the
e-coli and staph around ...

R/r 911

Here are actually some more pictures of this. It was an ambulance down in Louisiana for Hurricane Rita. I saw two ambulance in the photostream. I'm not sure if it was Atlantic EMS or MMR (Mobile Medic Response.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Given some of the tagging info on the page, it would seem to have been taken by someone involved in Hurricane Katrina/Rita response/recovery.

I'm sure their bosses would LOVE to see this!... Heck, we were treated as being on the clock the WHOLE deployment... so no alcohol, and we were accountable to management 24x7

Heck.. I've got a photo of a different MMR rig in front of the Baton Rouge EMS EOC http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/jblatman/Katrina/EOC/?action=view&current=7941ffec.jpg

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
Hmmm...Now I'm one to push people toward professionalism and have even annoyed a few partners due to it...

but if these guys are out in unknown land for a strike team and all they have to entertain themselves is their ambulance, let them have a night of fun.

As long as they're off-duty, did a thorough wipe-down, go easy on them. I'm sure it wasn't fun living in the ambulance for weeks at a time. They're a group of co-workers with nothing to do, no TV, no family, no nice bed, no internet, no friends to drive them home from the bar, just each other...they're bound to come up with a way to have fun.

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
I will say that one big red flag and asking for trouble is the monitor out with pads on...

JPINFV

Gadfly
I will say that one big red flag and asking for trouble is the monitor out with pads on...

Well, at least the possibility of having a shockingly good time exist.

mikie

Forum Lurker

Ya, that really shocked me (no pun intended). A shock could've killed that guy.

Look at all the equipment they're wasting too...

ETT, NRB, monitor pads (and who knows how many they have stocked and ready to use, for all they know it was their last set!), etc!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Ya, that really shocked me (no pun intended). A shock could've killed that guy.

Look at all the equipment they're wasting too...

ETT, NRB, monitor pads (and who knows how many they have stocked and ready to use, for all they know it was their last set!), etc!
Part of me wonders if the one guy was using the O2 for hangover prevention/remedy.... but that is a different thread :)

OP
OP
jordanfstop

jordanfstop

Forum Lieutenant
Hmmm...Now I'm one to push people toward professionalism and have even annoyed a few partners due to it...

but if these guys are out in unknown land for a strike team and all they have to entertain themselves is their ambulance, let them have a night of fun.

I don't agree or disagree, however if you're going to do it...DON'T POST PHOTOS

mikie

Forum Lurker
I don't agree or disagree, however if you're going to do it...DON'T POST PHOTOS

Agreed. People have sex in all of the trucks around here (volunteer) somewhat often. But keep the photos out, or your SUL (s*it out of luck!)
:ph34r: