On a walk with my kids this evening...

OP
OP
abckidsmom

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
WOW!!! Way to go!
I agree with the title change to abcsupermom. B)
How is your back feeling?
Hope that it feels better.

No pain today. I ran my first 5k and had a free massage after. It was terrific.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
I wonder if the guy even understood how much you did for him. I mean, he probably got told at the hospital that there was no skull fracture, so he probably assumed the situation wasn't that serious, and that he would have been perfectly fine if he had just sat there with the car on his head for the next couple of minutes until the FD showed up. And maybe he was technically correct to think that; nevertheless, "Well you didn't actually need to try to save my life after all, therefore I'm not going to bother to thank you for even trying," is an alien concept to me.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
So this evening, I worked up the courage to go over there and ask his wife how things turned out yesterday. He was sitting in his recliner, watching the Redskins play, feeling a little sore. He had one fractured rib, and no fractures to his head. Nothing.

Apparently that ditch in his head was swelling from the tissues with a mark from the car.

Amazing, and somehow very anticlimactic. It all could have been so very different. His wife is opening her in-home daycare tomorrow. And life goes on. Wow.

Sorry, I had to giggle a little with that. I agree that it is very anticlimactic when someone who looks like they have major injuries turns out to have no or nearly no injuries. That seems to happen a lot with facial trauma.