Officer retires after incident with EMT

FredG

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score

Basically, the PD car was parked in the ambulance zone, the EMT dinged his door while pulling in with a patient. When the officer wanted her to stop, she said she had to take care of her patient and would come back out. The officer went into the ED and roughly handcuffed her.

The officer has been on paid leave for over 2 years, the EMT has claimed a wrist and shoulder injury from the detention and lost time at work. The officer has a $113K/year salary, will get paid leave until March 2025, then be forced into retirement at half salary and cannot be a police officer again.

I had a CHP Motor Officer try and cite me for driving in the opposite lane, slowly and safely, responding to a choking victim. I took the cite, went to court, and the Judge threw it out, spending five minutes explaining the VC to him and berating him loudly. (Turns out I worked on his dad the year before on a cardiac call).

Two months later the Officer dumped his bike on the highway and I had to cut his entire uniform off him because his “back hurt”.

I still have his patch… ;)

Back