OEMS licensing success rate with OUI

ChrisInMA

Forum Ride Along
Before everybody starts booing and throwing their phones, please read and respond with professional information/advice.

I understand this is something that probably gets brought up a lot. I am new to this forum. I have completed the EMT program, passed the psychomotor exam along with the NREMT National. As I was going to apply for the actual license with OEMS, I saw on question #4 it asks about previous convictions (bringing up CWOFs as well). I am 26 now, having had a CWOF OUI when I was 21 years old. (Ps yes I know it was a very stupid and selfish act. I am already ashamed of this.) 5 years have passed since the incident, resulting in a CWOF. Will this hurt my chances in obtaining the actual license through OEMS? I am not asking about future jobs at this time only if it will allow me to get my actual EMT LICENSE.

Does anyone know of any cases of this? And if so, how did they play out? I am hoping the 5 years time will help my chances.

Thanks in advance.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
I’m not really knowledgeable on these kind of things but I say you should call the office and ask someone who is an expert in there policies. Every county, state, city etc has different policies regarding convictions.
I’ve had partners with past DUIs (over 5 years) who gotten licensed with no problem but also I’m probably in a different state that you are.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
you have zero chance of getting an EMT license.

Or maybe you have a great chance of getting your license.

Here is a novel idea: instead of asking a bunch of strangers on the internet, why don't you call OEMS and ask them, so you can get an actual answer instead of a bunch of guesses?

here, I will even help you out: from https://www.mass.gov/orgs/office-of-emergency-medical-services

Contact Us
Address
67 Forest St., Marlborough, MA 01752
directions
Phone
Main (617) 753-7300
Contact the OEMS Team
Fax
(617) 753-7320

OP
OP
C

ChrisInMA

Forum Ride Along
I’m not really knowledgeable on these kind of things but I say you should call the office and ask someone who is an expert in there policies. Every county, state, city etc has different policies regarding convictions.
I’ve had partners with past DUIs (over 5 years) who gotten licensed with no problem but also I’m probably in a different state that you are.

Thanks, appreciate it!