OCEMS Ambulance Attendant License

Conan The BarbarEMT

Forum Ride Along
Hi again!
I'm trying to gather together the mess of paperwork needed to get my Ambulance Attendant's license in Orange County, and I was wondering if any forum-goers from Orange County could help me out with a few questions.

First: An Ambulance attendant's License is different from an Ambulance driver's license, right?
Second: Do I need a separate application for my EMT-B cert and my attendant's license, or can I do both at once? I have two separate app.s just in case
Third: Do I need a separate Live scan for my EMT-B cert and my Attendant's license?
And finally: I have an appointment for my Medical Examiner's Card thingy. After the Doctor fills out all the paperwork, and gives me my card, do I have to give the DMV the paperwork? Like, do they just file it away? This is the one part that's really got me confused.

Thanks in advance, this forum has already been tons of help!

edit: also, on my livescan request, what do I put under "SOC" and "Your Number (OCA no.)" and if I'm unemployed, do I fill out the "Employer" section? Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
First: An Ambulance attendant's License is different from an Ambulance driver's license, right?
Second: Do I need a separate application for my EMT-B cert and my attendant's license, or can I do both at once? I have two separate app.s just in case
Third: Do I need a separate Live scan for my EMT-B cert and my Attendant's license?
And finally: I have an appointment for my Medical Examiner's Card thingy. After the Doctor fills out all the paperwork, and gives me my card, do I have to give the DMV the paperwork? Like, do they just file it away? This is the one part that's really got me confused.

edit: also, on my livescan request, what do I put under "SOC" and "Your Number (OCA no.)" and if I'm unemployed, do I fill out the "Employer" section? Thanks again.
1. Yes, the ambulance attendant license is different from the ambulance drivers certificate. Both require a green "DOT" card and a live scan [the live scan might be able to be done once if done at the same time. Otherwise the DMV/OCEMS can't share information. Otherwise you get to pay for it twice. Consult your Livescan provider about this].

2. I am 99% sure that you only need one application. If you need two, you can always fill out the second one there. Every time I've been to the EMS office for certs I've been there less than 5 minutes.

3. See question 1. You most likely do due to privacy laws.

4. You definitely keep a copy of the exam. OCEMS just wants to see a current one when you get certified/recert and you have to carry the green DOT card with you when you're working [4 cards to be carried when on duty: CPR, DOT, ambulance attendant, EMT-B cert. I carried my NREMT cert with me as well]. If I remember correctly, the DMV will want a copy of the full exam paperwork for their records when you get your drivers cert.

OP
OP
C

Conan The BarbarEMT

Forum Ride Along
4. You definitely keep a copy of the exam. OCEMS just wants to see a current one when you get certified/recert and you have to carry the green DOT card with you when you're working...

So, when I go in to get my Ambulance Attendant's license, I don't need to have the medical examiner's card on file at the DMV, I just need to have the card and the form with me?