OB Live birth video?

M4st3rkr0n

Forum Probie
I was just wondering is there any videos of life real births that I can watch to see I kind of wanna kind of see the process in motion the book is good but reading and seeing are different just wondering.

blindsideflank

Forum Lieutenant
Check YouTube
That's for you veneficus :)

Edit: I'm not sure what is on the cd with this, but was considering buying the text. Any reviews would be appreciated. http://www.birthemergency.com/

I know programs like acls aren't the bible of cardiac treatment but when it comes to birth I think this would probably be a good (almost definitive) resource

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
The home birth videos more accurately represent how EMS births will go. At least, they should.

JPINFV

Gadfly
The home birth videos more accurately represent how EMS births will go. At least, they should.

You mean the entire table on wheels with instruments all laid out, spot lots on the mother, and a bed where the bottom half comes out and foot rests that puts the mom in a feet up position aren't standard outside of the hospital?

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
You mean the entire table on wheels with instruments all laid out, spot lots on the mother, and a bed where the bottom half comes out and foot rests that puts the mom in a feet up position aren't standard outside of the hospital?

I figure in an out of hospital birth you're lucky if you have gloves on and enough linens.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Have you searched?

I've attended planned home births..

The big big difference is the state of mind of the mother. Remembering that in a delivery, you obviously provide medical care, but you have a greater chance to control the escalation by your own frame of mind and the emotional support you can offer..

That video, shows a woman smiling as she gently moans, some dude at a desk doing paperwork, daddy stroking the small of her back, soft piano music.. :rofl: But her support system is doing their jobs properly, and she has probably been mentally preparing herself for the delivery for the past six months.

If it's something you really desire to learn, pick up a wide variety of educational material.

http://www.cappa.net/get-certified.php?required-reading-list