O.d

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
**EDITED**

Do you also carry morphine and dormicum's reversal agents?

Last edited by a moderator:

mofiremedic

Forum Probie
i have never heard of dormicum, but i agree with the last post, narcan via iv or et tube, iv if possible, et of course, high flow O2, treat the presenting rhythm on the monitor, and treat with diesel!!!!(drive fast)

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
As other has posted, secured airway etc... Narcan for the Morphine O.D., which caused reversal in opiod deriative medications. Dormicum, I believe is not sold here in the U.S., but is a sleep aid similar to Ambien.
In such I am not familar with an direct antidote.. although it might be kin to diazepam in which mazicon might be considered, although is very ig risk and controversial.

Wish best of luck, shame such things occur.

Be sfe,
R/R 911

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Googled it...

Dormicum tablets contain as active ingredient 7,5 mg or 15 mg midazolam (8-chloro-6-(2- fluorophenyl)-1-methyl-4H-imidazo [1,5-a] [1,4] benzodiazepine) - in the form of the maleate.

PHARMACOLOGICAL ACTION OF DORMICUM / MIDAZOLAM:

Midazolam is a benzodiazepine, it has anxiolytic, sedative and hypnotic characteristics as well as possible muscle relaxant and anticonvulsant characteristics.

DORMICUM / MIDAZOLAM INDICATIONS:

Short term treatment of insomnia.

Benzodiazepines are only indicated when the disorder is severe, disabling or subjecting the individual to extreme distress. Anaesthetic premedication

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Romazicon is supposed tom be good for Benzo OD's - expensive stuff.